Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless >

The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless

The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless

Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
Originally Posted by pvquilter
I have a 15 year old Maltese I have been thinking about putting down. I just don't have the heart to do it. She is fine other than some vision and hearing problems and the worst problem of all is her using the house to pee and poop. I can have her outside 15 minutes and she does not go, then as soon as she is in the house she piddles or poops. Some days are better and some days are bad. I just don't know what to do. She does hold her bladder all night. I do have a puppy paper in the Master bathroom in case she does get up at nite and I don't hear her. She also has this other problem of licking everything. It almost drives us crazy sometimes. I usually put earplugs in at nite so I don't hear her, or I wouldn't get any sleep. Somedays it is worse than others. Any suggestions? How long do I wait until I make that decision. Any Advice???

Originally Posted by shaverg
Seeing all of our lovely fur babies and how much they are loved and how much they love all of us, really makes me think about my Sis and BIL right now.

They are putting their sweet 14 year old Millie down tomorrow morning. Please say a prayer for my sis, bil, and Millie. Also her buddy Bandit will really miss her, they have been attached at the hip since my sister rescued him as a pup 5 years ago.
Hi pvquilter. You'll know when the time is right. Listen to you gut. I don't know how we know, but we just do. I do not have dogs, I have cats. My first one was very ill and it was the right time. My second one was not in any pain, but her heart was going, then her kidneys. Then she started hiding in the closet, and had a temp. The vet wanted to do blood tests, but I thought, what for, to find out something else age related that nothing can be done about? So I held her and kissed her and told her she did not have to hold on for me any longer. I would be ok. I swear she seemed relieved and was ready. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll know when it is time. I wish you peace.
Have a heart to heart talk with Millie, tell her you love her and ask her to let you know when she is ready and she will when the time is right. I learned this when I had 5 kittens with feline leukemia, 1 dog with congestive heart failure and a seventeen year old dog. My prayers to Millie and your family.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM

My avatar is my dog - Her name is Floppy, she's a chilhuahua-cocker spaniel mix, she weighs 13 lbs. and she is 18-1/2 years old and not on any meds. And yes, our lives revolve around her but my husband and I agree, she's earned that privilege.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:57 PM

That is Katy in my avatar. Our son gave her to us for our birthdays, Dec 2 & 3. Our last dog died over a year ago, Betsy lived to be almost 16. The house sure seemed lonesome with a dog, so our son got us Katy, she is a Pekingese. Just a little sweetheart. Our cat Annie, loves her too.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 PM

The first should be of "Angel" my son's Catahoula or as we affectionately call her, Hell's Angel". Too smart for her own good.
The second should be of my other son's Rottie, Lexie, smiling for her photo, sho thinks that any visitor to the house is for her & not us.
The third is Lexie with Kadee, our MinPin who went to doggie Heaven last year after being diagnosed with severe diabetes...
They are supposed to be my Grand-dogs, but they live with "Grammie" & they know who feeds them!
Happy quilting & happy 4th of July
Susan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83412.jpe   attachment-83413.jpe   attachment-83414.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM

Not Fair!!! I'm not allowed to to have a dog. And....I "LOVE" them. Look into the eyes of any dog and "I'm in Love"!! Thanks for the look.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Welcome to my zoo...........

Star and Rebel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83429[/ATTACH]

Lola
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83432[/ATTACH]

Dixie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83433[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83424.jpe   attachment-83427.jpe   attachment-83428.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 PM

Dusty, my 9 year old Yorkie...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83429.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I love it that so many of us have doggies!! :-D
Here is my baby. He is a 2 1/2 yr old, Blue Great Dane. His name is Mortimer Bluebear. He weights in at 160 right now, which is his summer weight. He is very gentle, and has the run of the place. He always winds up in bed with us sometime in the middle of the night.
I love your blue dane. Maybe we can trade dane stories!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Purple Sage
Originally Posted by Ninnie
I love it that so many of us have doggies!! :-D
Here is my baby. He is a 2 1/2 yr old, Blue Great Dane. His name is Mortimer Bluebear. He weights in at 160 right now, which is his summer weight. He is very gentle, and has the run of the place. He always winds up in bed with us sometime in the middle of the night.
I love your blue dane. Maybe we can trade dane stories!!!
Don't you love that these dogs "Don't know that they aren't lap dogs!!:
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM

This pic is several years old because that dog, they're all basenjis, in the pot has since died. That pot was on our deck holding a beautiful group of flowers but Spicer thought it looked like it would make a good bed
Right now we have 5 basenjis. They don't bark, are originally from Africa, and are descrbed as the dog for people who like cats. They have many catlike qualities: they have no dog odor even when wet, they lick themselves clean (but usually on the couch), and to try to get them to follow any commands we have to teach them that what we want them to do, that's what they wanted to do in the first place. Like cats, they have an attitudeof being far superoir to any humans, they just put up with us
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83366.jpe