Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Frillie lace tables for a  baby shower >

Frillie lace tables for a baby shower

Frillie lace tables for a baby shower

Old 09-26-2010, 04:08 PM

I want to do a baby shower with the main tables with the food and punch on with lace and frillis? Anyone have idea's to make this a very beautiful and special day?many thanks miss daisy
Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 PM

Last one I went to had small tree branches as tiny trees, spray painted white, with tiny diapers hanging on them with tiny safety pins, tiny teddy bears and equally tiny dressed dolls. Cute, and under the potted "trees" were tiny doll house cribs, rocking chairs. More or less like a child's fairy garden. Very pretty. Music in the back ground were soft lullabies from hidden (what DO they use now that record players are not around any more?). And they had some sort of spray air freshener that smelled like baby powder.

I personally do not care for all the games they play, especially since I have a hearing problem, but since others seem to do so, I try to arrive a little late.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:46 PM

Thank you so much, That's a great I deal. I really like that one with the music playing. Thank you any more just send them my way. Miss Daisy
Old 09-26-2010, 07:48 PM

For one I went to years ago they gave everybody a cute little favor as they came in, a tiny triangle folded cloth diaper closed with a safety pin. When the time for the games came around, everyone looked inside their diaper and the one with the poop (a dot of mustard) was the winner.

At another one the game was trying to guess what the mystery baby food was in each of several jars of baby food with the labels removed. The first round was sniff test only. For the second round tiny ice cream sample spoons were provided for taste testing.

Another fun game was trying to come up with as many names as possible for each letter of the alphabet that nobody else had come up with. These could either be ones you really liked or ones that you wouldn't name a baby on a bet. The latter option can really be hilarious!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:02 PM

Another fun game was trying to come up with as many names as possible for each letter of the alphabet that nobody else had come up with. These could either be ones you really liked or ones that you wouldn't name a baby on a bet.
---------------------------------------------
You gotta be careful about this nowadays!! Easy to offend someone or other. My family has some strange names...one of my huge nephews had to fight his way through school..his name is Thunder..believe it or not. A niece is Bemvinda. Other family members from the south insist no one can live without two names, such as Patty Sue, Bobby Joe, Billy Bob (Honest, he was my exhusband and legally Billy Bob and not William Robert, Texan of course, South Texas).

But this idea is fun. One I attended years ago I remember where we had to think up double names, someone suggesting Lavender lee, Georgeous George, Spumoni Pete, this went on till everyone was howling with laughter.
I think after that they went on to name the baby Sam Jr. or something nice and quiet like that!!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 AM

An easy way to create a table for a shower they want the table to be lacie and frillie.( Tableclothes) any ideas to make these clothes. miss daisy
Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Another fun game was trying to come up with as many names as possible for each letter of the alphabet that nobody else had come up with. These could either be ones you really liked or ones that you wouldn't name a baby on a bet.
---------------------------------------------
You gotta be careful about this nowadays!! Easy to offend someone or other. My family has some strange names...one of my huge nephews had to fight his way through school..his name is Thunder..believe it or not. A niece is Bemvinda. Other family members from the south insist no one can live without two names, such as Patty Sue, Bobby Joe, Billy Bob (Honest, he was my exhusband and legally Billy Bob and not William Robert, Texan of course, South Texas).

But this idea is fun. One I attended years ago I remember where we had to think up double names, someone suggesting Lavender lee, Georgeous George, Spumoni Pete, this went on till everyone was howling with laughter.
I think after that they went on to name the baby Sam Jr. or something nice and quiet like that!!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM

thank you so much for the ideas. they also want the table cloths to be laceie and frillie any ideas how to make these. many thanks miss daisy
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 AM

There's always the 'identify the stuff in the diaper' game. Take several diapers and put different melted chocolate candy bars in each diaper. Pass around each diaper and the guests have to guess which candy bar it is. This is especially good if the guests don't know each other very well, because there will be alot of 'ewwws' and 'gross!' and laughter. I've never yet seen people not bond during this game!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 AM

Have you thought about buying some paper lace doilies and putting them under clear tablecloths?