Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Front Loading Washing Machines...how to clean it >

Front Loading Washing Machines...how to clean it

Front Loading Washing Machines...how to clean it

Old 01-18-2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
OK, I read ALL the comments (so I wouldn't repeat something).. I LOVE MY FRONT LOAD, washer & dryer, will never have a top loader again. One thing I may suggest for cleaning, also good to use in wash, is Hydrogen Peroxide! Cheap and works wonders for cleaning & odors. I put some in an old spray bottle and ever so often I squirt it in and around & under the seal. I have never had odors - and it's ok for septic tanks. It works good for getting rid of the soap residue. You can pick it up at $ Tree or $ General, for 1.00. It also works for pet odors, removes stinky odors after cooking something potent...lolo Just food for thought.
It also safely removes black mold too, I just went thru that in my house, bleach won't do that and yes, the smell is better
Old 01-18-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
I am another huge fan of front loaders, at least the Samsung I have now. Sparkling clothes, quiet, energy and water efficient. My previous front loaders weren't nearly as good. There is a huge variation between models and brands.

Pam
I too have a Samsung front loader and I love it!. My clothes get cleaner with less water and detergent and the clothes don't get beaten to death by the agitator. Everything comes out of the washer and dryer looking better. Clothes last longer and look better.