Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Prices

Fuel Prices

Auto fuel just jumped to $3.66 here in Western Kansas. Wish it would stop. I just bought a new truck - won't even be able to afford to drive it!

Blog Entries
    We live in northern California, west of Sacramento. Gas this AM was $4.27. We carpool to work, pick up what we need on our way home then stay there! Sure can't afford this!. My wages have not raised in 3 years.

I drive a van pool of people here in Michigan. The other day when we left, gas was at $3.36; when we returned, it was at $3.69! And I bet it was the same gas that they had there in the morning!

Blog Entries
    Of course it was!

I just filled up at the Costco here where I live and I paid $3.39, however, on my way home from my errand run I saw gas for $3.54 at Wal-Mart and $3.59 at the Tom Thumb store (major grocery chain). Lumped 4 different stops including the one for gasoline into the trip.

mltquilt

Blog Entries
    I know gas is higher in California because the state requires a different process in it. De-smog and a cleaner gas. Used to live there.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Just saw it on national news tonight, that gas is up 12 cents / gallon in the past week.

If fuel goes up... you know that fabric prices will inch up again too. The manufacturers have to pay more to get the fabric from the mills in Asia, and shops have to pay more to get the fabric shipped to them.

It won't be as dramatic as when cotton prices ran wild last year, but it will still happen.

Pity the poor truckers. Diesel is a couple of cents higher than gasoline. Semis get about 8mpg and they have 500 gallon tanks. Try paying for a fillup once or twice a week costing upwards of $2K. That's another reason why the price of anything delivered in a truck is going up.

It has gone up here also, Was 3.55 today, we gas up on Saturdays, 1/2 a tank in the Silverado Z71. Our business has been paying fuel surcharges on U.P.S. and trucks for years. When gas and diesel prices go down the surcharges don't go down much.
    Good ole politians are trying to get people to buy the expensive tiny death traps. Trying to thin the population.
    I will just pay the higher gas prices. I will only give up my truck for a new one. I may have to die but, not crushed to death in a tiny car.
    Just my feelings about it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    our gas here was 3.279 last Friday morning, by night it was 3.499 and I am sure that it was the same gas I filled up on in the morning. Out in the oil country gas is even higher and diesel is 4.019 Roadmaster is 4.239 at last report and still too cold to just put in #2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast