Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A fun sun Hat

A fantastic hat for 99 cents! The ribbon really dresses it up.
    ShirleyD

Love it!

I love to wear hats, but unfortunately I have a tiny head and most women's hats don't fit me. Believe me, this makes it very difficult to find hats that fit. Children's hats are too small, women's too large. I tend to stick with b-ball caps, but they are not very flattering (at least on me) and they don't shade the back of my neck.

Wish I could find a $1 hat that looks as wonderful as yours! Enjoy wearing it.
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Way to jazz the brim up with ribbon. great idea!

I love your hat with the ribbon. I would have put brighter color on it, but yours looks great.

That is a very pretty hat-and the ribbon just makes it look finished. I agree - wear a hat and protect yourself from skin cancer.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

Very stylish....nice work.

Now that's a great hat! I have several that are showing their age big time -- I can see I need to go pick up a few more and decorate just like you did.....

good idea, cute hat

ILovetoquilt, I have the same problem. But I have used fun foam, measured inside the hat, and put a piece about 1" wide, all the way around the inside. (I tape it and just put it on my hair, then put hat on. If it fits, I use Goop and glue it insde. If not, I cut another piece, same size, glue them together, then glue into hat. If I want a bit nicer look, I cut a piece of cotton material to fit around the foam, then glue into the hat. I've also used elastic, in wider widths. Anything just to fill up the necessary space. Sometimes the hat will have a ribbon around the inside, I've even slipped foam inside that.

Quote Originally Posted by Needles View Post
    ILovetoquilt, I have the same problem. But I have used fun foam, measured inside the hat, and put a piece about 1" wide, all the way around the inside. (I tape it and just put it on my hair, then put hat on. If it fits, I use Goop and glue it insde. If not, I cut another piece, same size, glue them together, then glue into hat. If I want a bit nicer look, I cut a piece of cotton material to fit around the foam, then glue into the hat. I've also used elastic, in wider widths. Anything just to fill up the necessary space. Sometimes the hat will have a ribbon around the inside, I've even slipped foam inside that.
    This just goes to prove where there is a will there is a way...great ideas to reach your goal. I was think a band like in cowboy hats stitched inside, did not think of a foam strip. I think I want to decorate another with a colored ribbon, maybe navy or black...as I am not really very adventurous. Lol.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast