Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 01:09 PM

Our funniest was when our oldest was at the age she wanted to know how old I was. My husband popped up then"sweet sixteen" answer and she believe that for years finally one day the question was asked again and my husband told her " I told you years ago she is 'Sweet sixteen' now wiser she said dad I am 16 so how can mom be that age. Funny when young children are so gullible.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

DD called the one day and said she was never going back to Walmart ever... I asked her why... She said she took the girls and went shopping... SSSOOOOO??? She says she was shopping for a bra she could nurse in... pause for laughter... Well it seems everybody had a differing opinion... mmmm pause for laughter... G thought hot pink or red with lace was really CCOOOOOOLLLLLL... What do you expect she was six... And, well she was rather VOCAL about her opinions. Then M (who still nurses on occasion) had her opinion... She thought a size 42EE was just the ticket so she got a hold of one and held it close (like Linus' blanket) and sucked her thumb with this weird little smile on her little face... Then DD was trying to sort stuff out and get one that 1) fit 2) was comfortable 3) no underwire 4) could nurse in... Tall order she says. Did I mention she didn't want polyester??? Oh yeah she was trying them on with the girls in the dressing room. Then she forgot about the 42EE Yikes. Then DD got ready to check out and M would NOT give up that bra... Pitched a fit. DD was VERY embarrassed. M said, "But it's for YYYYOOOOOUUUUU Momma."
Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Another about my nephews:

I always made it a big deal that they call me Aunt S, not just by my first name. No problem when they were little. As teenagers they tried to drop the "Aunt". Classic time though was a few years ago when one of them was telling me something & called me "Dude". Not Aunt S or S, just Dude. To which the other one exlaimed, "Dude, I can't believe you just called S "Dude", leaving off the Aunt in his astonishment. They both were stumbling over themselves trying to get out of that one! LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

When DD was a baby her bowels did not move on a regular basis. When they did it was a national event. So my oldest (6 years old then) was helping me - he held her legs so she wouldn't put her feet in it. I got her all cleaned up - got the clean diaper under her and she let one fly - it flew clear to the wall. Splat! DS squealed & giggled and said, 'Mom! Mom! make her do that again."
Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM

I'll tell another on DD. :lol:
We lived in a house that had water pressure issues. If anyone was in the shower and water was turned on anywhere else in the house, it turned the shower COLD! So when heading in to take a shower it was best to announce it. One morning I said, "Don't run the water-I'm going to take a shower".

DD was about 10, she asks her dad if she can use the toaster and make some toast. He said "Sure, why are you asking?" DD said "Because Mom is taking shower and don't want to make the water cold." (Yes, he told her the toaster does not use water, though one would think she should have already figured that out.)

The new anouncement- "Don't make any toast-I'm going to take a shower."

This house doesn't have that problem but we still say "Don't make any toast" when heading in to shower. (Even my parents when they come to stay.) We still tease DD about it 14 years later. Poor thing :lol: She laughs with us :thumbup: and rolls her eyes.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM

For many yrs. I only had one DGD & one DGS from diff. familiest. I always told my GDS that he was my favorite grandson. It took him about 10 yrs. to figure out "but Grandma, I'm your only g-son". I would reply "yes, but you're my favorite". He bought it.

I always told ea. of my 3 kids that they were my fav. child. They're all very grown now but they find comfort in that idea. LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM

My sister and I had her young daughter with us shopping and ran into an old friend we had not seen for a long time. My sister ask her where she was working and she said, oh ..I am retired. My neice spoke up and said "My daddy gets tired too but he still has to work".
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

When my firstborn son was about five or so (I also had another son who was three, and a daughter who was one)... he asked me, "Mom, are you the zookeeper?"

I have no idea why he asked it but you can imagine how our household was at the time!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:21 PM

My husband has shingles right now. We were suppose to watch my 4 year old grandson on Saturday as the rest of his family was going to Becky's sisters for the weekend. Sam had a birthday party he was going to go to and then we were going to drive him to DIL's sister. But since they have a baby and my husband can't be around babies right now, Sam had to go with his dad and mom. He told his mom he sure wished that grandpa wouldn't have played with those chickens.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 PM

My middle son was 5 and was in kindergarden. He had just come home from school and I was in the bedroom putting on make-up as we were going shopping. He watched me intently & when I starting putting on mascara, he asked if God made our eyes too. I told him, of course. He then said, kinda under his breath," boy I wonder how many eyes He had to throw out." I asked him why he thought God would throw out any eyes. He then said they had made snowmen at school (learning how to cut circles)and said, "I just couldn't get the eyes round, so I had to throw lots of them away. I just wondered if God made as many mistakes with eyes as I did."