Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Fur Babies + Heat + You = Do they mix? >

Fur Babies + Heat + You = Do they mix?

Fur Babies + Heat + You = Do they mix?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM

It's warm in the apartment today, and the last subsequent days and the ones to obviously follow.

My fur baby Ozzie, seems to think that this is the oppurtune time to cuddle... and he won't leave me alone!!! I'm hot, and I have asked him if he wasn't hot, not that he can answer... grrr...

I'll go back to my ice water. :)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
It's warm in the apartment today, and the last subsequent days and the ones to obviously follow.

My fur baby Ozzie, seems to think that this is the oppurtune time to cuddle... and he won't leave me alone!!! I'm hot, and I have asked him if he wasn't hot, not that he can answer... grrr...

I'll go back to my ice water. :)
See Rudy in my Avatar? He MUST be with me, all the time. Last night he tried to sleep in his usual spot next to me. If I scoot over, trying to evade his 101 degree body, he scoots right back into place! He has to be touching me.

I put up with it for awhile (we were gone over the weekend and I felt guilty :( ). But, when Squeaky went to her usual spot on the pillow behind mine, and her tail started to whack me in the face which is her verson of "I must touch Mommy", I decided I'd had enough and evicted everyone! :evil: :) :)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:29 AM

They are such sweet creatures... well most of the them. I hate having to push Ozzie away... The last few nights have been alright... he's been sleeping on the back of the couch (Which is where I sleep, since my sister took my room for the baby and I find my moms bed uncomfortable.)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
They are such sweet creatures... well most of the them. I hate having to push Ozzie away... The last few nights have been alright... he's been sleeping on the back of the couch (Which is where I sleep, since my sister took my room for the baby and I find my moms bed uncomfortable.)
Yes, they really are sweet creatures! My Squeaky is very laid back and non-assuming. She only asks for about an hour of sleep time with me, usually. If her tail isn't whacking me in the head, she puts out one of her paws to touch my head.

Sorry to hear you're sleeping on the couch although I understand how that can happen with a large family. If I remember correctly, you were looking for sheets and such for the dorm? So, in the Fall, you'll essentially have your "own" place albeit you'll probably have to have a roomate?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 AM

Yeah, I believe I'll have a roommate... but there is always the chance of a single... I can't wait! I don't mind much though with the couch, it's comfortable... just a little cramped... but it isn't bad. At least in the fall I'll have a bed!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 AM

Hope you get that single! or, at least, a nice roomate!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM

I have 2 cats. One simply must have some lap time every day. The other one likes to lay next to me - generally with one paw touching me.

I can live with that. :)
Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

LOL, I have a bulldog that wants to lay with her head on me. And its not a small head, a big, snorty, snooty one, lol!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:13 PM

My Abbie does the same. Right next to me, sometimes on me. No way for a few days.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM

yeah, my little beagle Sam mut ALWAYS be touching me and he is like a hot water bottle Great in the winter, not so much in the summer:)