Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Future Sewing/Embroidery Machine Fixed >

Future Sewing/Embroidery Machine Fixed

Future Sewing/Embroidery Machine Fixed

Old 01-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Default Future Sewing/Embroidery Machine Fixed

I've seen a few comments about Singer Futura Sewing Embroidery machines so I wanted to share this with those in case it helps someone.
I have a Futura and received less than stellar service from Singer. I will tell you I was about to throw the darn thing out since it was stopping before the end of most every design....that was if I could even get it to embroider at all.
Well, long story short, DH asked me if I wanted him to take a look. He noticed that the pins where the embroidery unit joined the machine were bent. I gave permission (since it was a huge paperweight anyways) for him to bend them back. It WORKED!!! For a few short designs...the long ones it would quit.
This time he took it completely apart and troubleshot the inside. There was a small (maybe a 1/8") size chip that was loose. He soldered it and I've been embroidery like a mad woman since before Christmas.
Just thought this might help some folks.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 AM
DCG

Default Futura Embroidery Issues

Hi Sharon C,

I am new to this board and I too have a Futura (CE-250) sewing/embroidery machine that I am trying to learn how to use. While it sews beautifully, when I use the embroidery unit I have had a lot of issues such as not embroidering full design, or when design needs to be hooped a second time to finish, it always slants. Part of the problem was the posts were bent, as yours. Thanks for the tip!
Happy embroidering!!
Donetta
Old 01-28-2012, 06:08 PM

I have an older Futie (200) and I love it! But beware, it can be a small pain at times....for instance, when threading, things have to be exactly like IT wants them..or else! When stitching, the hoop has to be exactly tight enough...like IT wants it...or else! They have lots of little quirks but I love mine and wouldn't trade it for a high dollar one for "nuttin"...it does a good job for me and has for about five or six years now. There is also a Futura site on Yahoo that can give you help if needed!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM

Isn't is great to have a DH that can do things like that? My DH is also a Mr Fix-It .....we never pay for anything to be fixed,,,as he does it all!!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 AM

i have one of them dh's too. he can fix just about anything
and build just about any thing.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by DCG View Post
Hi Sharon C,

I am new to this board and I too have a Futura (CE-250) sewing/embroidery machine that I am trying to learn how to use. While it sews beautifully, when I use the embroidery unit I have had a lot of issues such as not embroidering full design, or when design needs to be hooped a second time to finish, it always slants. Part of the problem was the posts were bent, as yours. Thanks for the tip!
Happy embroidering!!
Donetta
You are so welcome I was so frustrated. Not sure about the slant issue, but if you can stabilize the machine on a level, non-moving surface it might help. My 250 is behaving herself now, since she knows I have no problem letting my DH troubleshoot (ha ha).
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
I have an older Futie (200) and I love it! But beware, it can be a small pain at times....for instance, when threading, things have to be exactly like IT wants them..or else! When stitching, the hoop has to be exactly tight enough...like IT wants it...or else! They have lots of little quirks but I love mine and wouldn't trade it for a high dollar one for "nuttin"...it does a good job for me and has for about five or six years now. There is also a Futura site on Yahoo that can give you help if needed!
Thanks...I love the versitility of mine with the different programs I am able to use. My mom has a Janome and I believe my machine is equally as good as her high $ machine.