Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Getting to know Juki 2200 mini >

Getting to know Juki 2200 mini

Getting to know Juki 2200 mini

Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 PM

Default Getting to know Juki 2200 mini

I purchased a Juki 2200 Mini in March, and right out of the box had tension issues. I tries every little trick I could think of, and even sought answers here. Nothing worked. I figured I would tinker later because I had so many UFO's to get finished this year. I was very disappointed when I put it under its cover.
Fast forward to now. We are in day 2 of a complete bathroom remodel. Dust and dirt everywhere. My Bernina machines are tucked away under plastic so they are safe. I have only a small space on my computer table to sew...and I have to sew or I'm going to go nuts. So I set up the Juki this morning. I literally plugged it in, threaded it, turned it on, wound a bobbin and made a test sample. It sewed beautifully. I was stunned. So I continued to sew the project I'm working on (A friend who has had breast cancer return after 30 years) and everything went perfectly. It's not silent like my Berninas, but there is something very soothing about the sound of this mechanical machine.
So what's going on? Did it need to "break in" and I didn't give it a chance? A temperature/humidity change? The right phase of the moon? At any rate...I'm very happy now. I can sew amid all this chaos, I feel like I'm doing something for my friend, and the stitches are perfect. I didn't waste all that money.
So thanks for reading my rant...it will take a few more days until I can have a real shower and I'm so happy that I can sit in my little woman cave and sew away.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 PM

A Juki is on my wish list, happy to hear it got over it(whatever it was).
Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 AM

I've the Juki mini and I had tension problems when I changed thread. I found adjusting the first tension discs did the trick. Lovely machine.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:43 PM

Can’t wait to play with mine.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

Barb, I remember when you bought it you said it was cold out so maybe the weather had something to do with it? I really don't know but so happy for you now!
I have a Juki similar to yours and love that machine.