Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Glorious sight today!!!

Blog Entries

Glorious sight today!!!

Thousands of geese flying straight north!!!!!!!!! So, spring must be right around the corner. DH was outside a lot this afternoon and kept coming to the door hollering for me to step out onto the porch/sidewalk to see the huge V's of geese flying/soaring north. It was very windy today with the wind coming from the south so they were taking advantage of the winds way up high.
    Nikki in MO

The wind was not blowing here and we saw no geese. The wild biirds have been singing alot most days this winter.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    seriously, flying North? I think the geese here are still here. We just got a snow storm. really the first one for us! odd but true. I just paid my Comcast bill online because I'm not going anywhere tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    They better land and rest for a long while yet. We have more snow here than we have had for years and years!

Blog Entries
    OH NO - wierd part is that we are expecting a horrible snow storm tomorrow night - but it is coming from the west and my DH said that these geese were going straight north so would not be flying into the storm. DH is outside a lot, being a farmer, and said that he has never seen so many geese in one day in his life. Thought that in one "V" there was a thousand birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy.lynn View Post
    They better land and rest for a long while yet. We have more snow here than we have had for years and years!
    Nikki in MO

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    PLEASE hurry up and get here Spring !LOL Now someone help me up !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I've been seeing clusters of small V formations this past week. And a friend of mine that lives in Troy,Mo. seen a Robin Sunday morning while chopping ice at the end of his driveway. I can't wait til spring gets here.I want to dig in the dirt : )

Yay!!! I've been telling eveyone for weeks....spring is just around the corner (as we shovel thiis snowfalll and that snowfall) and they all laugh at me.....We really are at the tail end of winter. Time to start sewing tulips ladies!!!

Blog Entries
    We have seen robins twice. The first time was before Nemo, and then again we saw a group of over 10 yesterday. So we think they are on their way North. It's a good sign. :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Here in Central Texas we are waiting for the Martins to arrive, when I hear their sweet noise..I know that Spring has finally come...but we have been so blessed this year, the month of February we have beautiful days, sometime the temp has gone to 80 deg...it sure makes a person want to dig in the dirt...but still too early for planting, but not for cleaning beds..what fun!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast