Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: going to see mom

going to see mom

she is a 7 hr drive away and I have not been there for over a year-it will be great to visit with her.With raising gas prices we do not go very often anymore
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Blog Entries
    So happy you can make the trip. It is so difficult right now with all the prices going up. Do you think things are going to get better soon? I sure hope so
    Patski
    always learning

Glad you are heading out to mom's.. I'm fortunate that mom lives two towns over.. My sister manages to come in a couple of times a year, and is frustrated she can't come more often..
    Enjoy your trip..

Blog Entries
    Enjoy your trip, Anita! We've seen some gas prices dropping a little here in MS. Saw $2.89 today and have seen $2.85. WOW, it's bad when we think those prices are "dropping", isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Go visit your parents while you still have them around to visit. My mom has been gone 31 years and my dad 12 years. Wish I could take my girls to meet and visit with them, no matter the gas prices.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Have a safe drive to and from your Mom's, enjoy your time with her. I'm blessed to live on the same street as my Mom and see her every day.

Hope you had a great visit with your mom yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
    Go visit your parents while you still have them around to visit. My mom has been gone 31 years and my dad 12 years. Wish I could take my girls to meet and visit with them, no matter the gas prices.
    I'm with you on this one. I'd pay $400 a gallon to be able to see my Mother for even a minute. Ditto my Dad. Please enjoy your family while they're here.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I lived states away from my folks for over 40 years and now we live 5 miles apart! I love it and I am thankful to be near them at this stage of their life. I am thinking of you on your visit. Hope it is a 'memory making' visit!
    Judith

Blog Entries
    gas in this area within 75 miles is $3.499 to $3.599 a gallon. It has dropped some, but still could drop more to make it reasonable. however the oil companies are going to pull out and go south where they can make more money than here. I live 50 some miles from the nearest large town. no fabric stores in our smal towns from 13 to 30 miles away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast