Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Buy Gone Bad

Blog Entries
    My kids' toy room is adjacent to my sewing room. It's nice because I can look into the toy room, keep an eye on the kids, and still sew. I had one of the "non-flat-screen" TVs in there for them to watch DVDs on. It was sitting on top of a folding table. I didn't think it was the best thing to have 100+ lbs of old TV sitting on, so I looked and looked for a TV stand that would support its weight.
    Do you know they don't sell that type of TV stand anymore? Blah! So, garage sale after garage sale, I finally found one! 6 hours away from my home, while on vacation, I found a really nice one for $5. YAY! I was so excited.
    Today, I took on the project of moving all the furniture and rearranging everything to accommodate my growing children. Thing is, their toy room used to be my sewing room. I downsized by 50% when I gave them that room. I didn't realize how much of my stuff I had left in there. Now, I can't even walk through my sewing room. That's really bad because it is the main artery of our basement.
    Urgh! The toy room looks great! But, now to finish the real chore. I need to get my sewing room operable again, and quick. I have to start and finish a new quilt within 2 weeks for a friend!
    Now that I have vented, I will be drinking my glass of Daffodil Wine and getting back to work. My DH will be home at 8:30. I'm hoping to have it figured out by then.

Blog Entries
    Good Luck!!!

Too funny, and I empathize so much, I will have a glass of Dandelion wine to help you.

Blog Entries
    :thumbup: You can do it

Blog Entries
    Take one thing at a time and before you know it is done. So get to it ;-)

All the stuff you took out of the toy room needs to go in another corner of the basement.

Get your quilt started and completed and tackle the relocation of belongings when it is done!!!! :)

I think I;ll join you with my glass of blackberry wine

Oh! no! Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a difficult task, but hang it there.

I will toast you with a glass of wine! I am sure you will get it all done. Don't we all work better under pressure??LOL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast