Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good buys at Hancock Fabrics

I went to Hancocks yesterday because they had Side Winders on sale for $19.99. Someone on here had mentioned the silicone iron rests for 25 cents and sure enough, my local store had $6.50 worth of them. I bought them all. Some I'm going to share with my sisters for guild door prizes and some I'm going to use as little gifts for our July open quilting retreat at Threads and Beds in Danville, Il. The ladies at the store said that some ordering glitch had occurred and Hancocks had gotten in something like 100 thousand of those things and hadn't discovered the mistake until it was too late to send them back. I also got 2 pkgs of brown work blocks. I'm not sure what to do with them but I've got them, 10 blocks in all, 2 of each one.

I was there earlier, and noticed that the Santa's Choice fabric was on sale for 1.99/yard.

Would like to get an iron rest, might go back later when it's not so danged hot!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you did well yesterday AND today while shopping :D:D:D

Sounds like you made out pretty well.

Wish we had a Hancock's close to us.... :( Ours closed a couple of years ago...

I have to go the Hancocks tomorrow. I hope I can find them there.

Blog Entries
    Will have to look Monday :lol: Sounds like you did good :thumbup:

Ours closed a few years back too, and it was such a nice store!

For those of you going back, look in their clearance racks. They should have a little black 25 cent sticker on the tag. Buy them all, I did. Seriously they make good door prizes at guild meetings or just gifts for quilters. A couple of fat quarters on top, tie with a ribbon and voila!
    This has just been a week that I've been really blessed. I also purchased an 18" flat screen monitor for DD's computer at a garage sale on Thursday night for only $20. Today I got a beautiful kingsized bedspread to be embroidered including the floss for only $1 at a garage sale. When I got it home and unfolded it a third of it has already been beautifully done. I can't wait to finish it.

Wish we had one near us! I did go to JoAnns today and they had alot on sale. Their fat quarters were 99 cents. Of course I only had 10 bucks on me that I could use so my hubby didn't know! Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast