Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Good Morning!

Can't sleep, it is 2am here in central Iowa where we are finally meeting with a Realtor tomorrow to put this house on the market. It has taken 6 months since we started moving to Nebraska. Lots of paint, scrubbing, (at both houses) and packing and tears. I think the reason it has taken us so long is because this is where we raised our children and lived the better part of our married live. It will be hard to give it up although it may take awhile for it to sell. My guess we will be mowing two lawns again next summer!

But on the other hand the new house is closer to relatives and my MIL who really needs us right now. It is a better house for retirement, (everything on one level if we should need it) and lots less land to take care of.

Who else is up! I don't do chat cause of the slowness of our internet service but I do notice 7 on!

Blog Entries
    Hello, I am awake

Why are you up?

Just saw your PM

I'm still here and I don't like the chat either.

Just saw your reply, why are you up?

I'll read your answer in the morning, I'm going to try and go back to bed!! Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Just saw your reply, why are you up?

I'll read your answer in the morning, I'm going to try and go back to bed!! Wish me luck.
    It really has to be hard to let go of something you've had and loved for so long. Good luck on the sell and allow your heart to open up and love another precious place you can call home. You will always cherish the memories of what once was, now just think of the new exciting memories of yet to come.

Power Poster
    Sorry you have to move, but it sounds like its going to be better beinging closer to family. Hope it sells quickly for you.

Change can be wonderful if you open up your whole self to it. Good luck in selling!

I can relate! when we got a new Trailer with three bedrooms as we had 4 kids in a two bedroom trailer I cried when they took it away! It was our home no matter how poorly it was constructed. Our new one has the same layout I got to choose the layout and the walls, flooring and counter tops. We have been here now 26 years and I still loved the first one the best! Memories are great! Good Luck on selling quickly and you will always have those memories.