Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Good movie or tv show for quilting >

Good movie or tv show for quilting

Good movie or tv show for quilting

Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Default Good movie or tv show for quilting

Was wondering what might be a good movie or tv show to load on my Nook while I quilt. Probably shouldn't be something I need to have my eyes glued to or I might screw up my quilt LOL
Old 11-23-2013, 04:49 PM

I listen to music or "watch" old reruns where I don't have to have my eyes on the screen.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

It depends on what you like. You could probably google for the "genre" you like and see if it is available.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:32 PM

I listen to audiobooks. Check with your local library, I signed up with mine and now can download anywhere I have an internet connection. Lots of good ones out there, depending on what type of stories you like.

Andi
Old 11-24-2013, 06:03 AM

I also put on a fav movie I've see before so that I don't have to pay close attention. A movie will last longer than the tv show (don't have to stop to change the program as often!) and there's just a feel-good atmosphere sewing with an "old friend"!

Cindy
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Atomicdog View Post
I also put on a fav movie I've see before so that I don't have to pay close attention. A movie will last longer than the tv show (don't have to stop to change the program as often!) and there's just a feel-good atmosphere sewing with an "old friend"!

Cindy

I agree. I watch any movie or TV show that I have seen often enough that you don't miss anything because you know what is going to happen. Love to listen to PBS Masterpiece theatre such as Downton Abbey.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:00 AM

We have radio stations on our TV reception. There is a Jazz station that I love to listen to. I'll also listen to TV shows or movies just as background noise. If I really want to watch a show I'll sit in the lounge room and knit or hand sew.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by AndiR View Post
I listen to audiobooks. Check with your local library, I signed up with mine and now can download anywhere I have an internet connection. Lots of good ones out there, depending on what type of stories you like.

Andi
That's what I do with my Kindle. Love it!! I used to check the CDs out of the library but they were often in horrible condition. Now I don't have to go to the library to check out or return as an added bonus.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:56 AM

I guess I am strange, but I can either sew or watch TV. I can't do both. I can multitask everything else, but when it comes to sewing I have to have my undivided attention. Is anyone else like that or is just me? Maybe because I am a beginner at sewing.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
That's what I do with my Kindle. Love it!! I used to check the CDs out of the library but they were often in horrible condition. Now I don't have to go to the library to check out or return as an added bonus.
I've been listening to "FREE" library books while I quilt for ages......If I get so involved with my quilting that I miss a bit of my story, I can back it up and catch up. Not sure if they still do it, but when I originally set up my downloading ap from the library, someone there helped me do it right. I'm definitely NOT techie....