GoogleChrome + Qnntv

Old 12-30-2015, 08:58 AM

You purchased Google Chrome? Is it different from my browser?
Old 12-31-2015, 03:34 AM

[QUOTE=ManiacQuilter2;7416966]Can you tell us what else you can watch on Google Chrome?? I am looking for an alternative to cable TV.[/QUOTE

Anything you can see on your device should appear on your tv when they are attached with google Chrome. I have an iPad. Apple has an adapter, like google Chrome, that allows me to connect my iPad to my tv. Anything I can pull up on my iPad, I can watch on my tv. I dumped cable tv several years ago. I only pay for internet and I have that cheapest internet offered. I use Mohu Leaf antennas to get local and PBS stations and my iPad to Netflix. I also use a streaming service called Acorn tv to stream loads of British shows. The best part is I am only sitting in front of the tv when there is something to watch. I spend lots more time sewing and reading.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:12 AM

Evie, Google Chrome is a browser for your computer. Google Chromecast is a small device that you connect to your TV to stream shows via the internet. They're not the same thing... but I understand it's confusing!! LOL
Old 12-31-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
Evie, Google Chrome is a browser for your computer. Google Chromecast is a small device that you connect to your TV to stream shows via the internet. They're not the same thing... but I understand it's confusing!! LOL
Gotcha! wbfrog didn't add "cast" at the end of Chrome. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:41 AM

I know this thread is a few days old now, but I just wanted to come back and publicly thank onebyone for posting the note about Acorn TV. I didn't even know it existed, and I love British TV! I immediately started my trial month and I'm definitely going to keep it. It's fantastic on my Roku and on my Samsung Smart TV, and although it's available on the iPad as well, that app doesn't work very well (many complaints on the Apple apps site but it hasn't been fixed yet). And because of all the searching I was doing, I actually found a different app for my iPad that allows me to mirror websites and anything else right onto my television... sweet! Now I can watch my Craftsy and Creativebug classes on the big screen, which is so COOL. I just love this board... all this quilting knowledge and plenty of other stuff too. Thanks ladies!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 AM

I had spinal surgery a week ago. I'm frustrated by all that I still cannot do. (I know, it's only been a week and it will get better.) But, to alleviate the boredom, I bought a chromecast so I could watch QNNTV. How the heck do I do this? I need to get it off of YouTube - I could watch that with Amazon. I want to watch the "for pay" videos. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:31 AM

Im paying a fortune for Direct TV. Plan on canceling and go with Netflix and Hulu. Much cheaper. Found out that some programing requires internet connection, the Walking Dead is one of them. Technology just gets more complicated.