Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Got myself a new Vacuum Cleaner

  1. #1
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bought a Bissell Clearview Helix $79 at Target. My Dyson decided once again that the brush didn't want to spin, grrrrr. Once I took it apart, again for the umteenth time, cleaned around the connectors etc. the brush decided ok I will work for now.
    This new machine does circles around my $500 Dyson, good lord. It has onboard tools that you just pull the hose handle out and attach what you want then vacuume.

  2. #2
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,413
    Blog Entries
    20
    Congrats! I can't keep a vacuum running...

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for the review on this machine, mine is going to get replaced the first of the year :D:D:D

  4. #4
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    With two long haired dogs, one long hair, one short haired cat, I need one that will work when I need it to, not be wishy-washy.
    I could not believe the dust that this new one picked up - it is bagless.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Thanks for the review on this machine, mine is going to get replaced the first of the year :D:D:D
    You are very welcome. Bissell makes good machines.
    Walmart has it for $99, Target $79 and right now for the next few days it has a $10 Rebate. It is a nice machine, need to make sure the filters are cleaned. I could not believe that with just one use on 5 rooms, they ALL needed cleaning - the dust from the cat litter, that is changing later today. Not going to buy that brand again (cat's Pride) too dusty.

  6. #6
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,466
    That's funny...I have a Rainbow and it does a teriffic job but I usually end up using my little yellow Eureka. It's so much easier to use and does a good job too!! :lol:

  7. #7
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    I used a friends Rainbow once, remember the water tank well. It did a good job, was somewhat akward to move around with the water tank though. She lived in a mobile home though back in Calif.
    With all the hair in my house via the animals, I need something that will really pick up and is easy to move around.

  8. #8
    Super Member katiebear1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lexington ky
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    I used a friends Rainbow once, remember the water tank well. It did a good job, was somewhat akward to move around with the water tank though. She lived in a mobile home though back in Calif.
    With all the hair in my house via the animals, I need something that will really pick up and is easy to move around.
    Well I LOVE my Dyson' Have "the animal" designed for pet hair. works great. Never had a problem with it. Had to replace the hose but that was after 6 years.

  9. #9
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    I used a friends Rainbow once, remember the water tank well. It did a good job, was somewhat akward to move around with the water tank though. She lived in a mobile home though back in Calif.
    With all the hair in my house via the animals, I need something that will really pick up and is easy to move around.
    Well I LOVE my Dyson' Have "the animal" designed for pet hair. works great. Never had a problem with it. Had to replace the hose but that was after 6 years.
    I love my purple Dyson too, but it seems to be having temper tantrums with the brush issue lol.

  10. #10
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,344
    I am so glad we never had the money for the dyson. I had a bad feeling about a 500$ vacuum and all the hype put into it. We have a installed vacuum the one in the wall and I love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.