Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Annoyance With Windex...

Blog Entries
    I could use scraps... theres white, blue, green, and a purplish red (like magenta) theres also pink in there too! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
    I could use scraps... theres white, blue, green, and a purplish red (like magenta) theres also pink in there too! lol...
    Can you post a picture of colors you'll need?

Blog Entries
    This are the actual fabric colors of the quilt i was making... it was from a kit that I had recieved... I'm going to try and get my mom to let me buy another off ebay... the blue squares have dashed diamond like shape to it... and littel tiny whit flowers...

I'll know by tomorrow what I was able to save...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alu, when you have a spill, get the fabric into cold water as soon as possible. Windex has a bleach type solution that saps color right out & the longer it stays in, esp in a plastic bag or close together the more color bleeds out.

Blog Entries
    The bag it was in was what I was storing it in... for protection... and we see where that lead... haha, my own fault there... I didn't find it till this evening... But i was lucky, I only lost a row... so I'll improvise... change up the center... and stuff... make it into the baby quilt for my sister... hopefully she has a girl... like the doctor said she will! I'll get one of those already made quilt blocks and add the border... cause I'm pressed for time this next month I can really only complete the one i have now... after I wash it...

Blog Entries
    oh i feel for you. i recently picked up a bottle of fireplace cleaner and it was empty. my sideboard top was ruined!! it had over flowed or soemthing.

I had no idea Windex could do that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I had no idea Windex could do that.
    It only destroyed the one row, the rest I can get in the wash... so what I'm going to do is just make two quilted pillow cases and stash the scraps for later use.

Been there. Had a pair of cotton pants hanging on bathroom towel rack, needed to clean glass covered pictures hanging above the towel rack so I sprayed them with Windex. Later found that the Windex spray had gotten on the pants and left white spots. Now I'm very careful whenever I use any kind of spray, never know what kind of damage it can do. May in Jersey

Blog Entries
    I sprayed my hair with mirror cleaner this morning. Didn't seem to hurt the hair. Hope when I wash it in the am it doesn't all fall out :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2