Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: great buys and bargains

Fri and Sat were good bargain days. Picked up a bunch of fabric on Fri (yardage and some 100% cotton clothes that will be cut up for scrappy quilts), and then on Sat got more fabric, and a nice scrappy quilt, all (both days included) for under 10 dollars. (quilt looks to be about a double or queen size, scrappy, not sure of the pattern, I like it... and it looks like it might be a bit older... from what I can tell, it was some hand stitched and some machine. Knotted with the yarn, not quilted)

Saw a really cool work center type cabinet that I liked, but walked away, told mother in law about it tonight, and she suggested we go back and see if it is still there... if it is, possibly get it.

I will grab some pictures tomorrow of the haul :)

Mother in law gave me her unused sewing machine, got some extra stitches the one I was using did not have, so will have fun playing around with that.

So, how did you do this weekend? any good bargains, or fun finds?

Sounds like you had a good weekend.

I personally am not bargaining hunting this weekend. All cashed out right now. But it sounds like you found some great stuff. :)

Blog Entries
    U had a great weekend! Spent with family! Priceless!

Blog Entries
    I spent the weekend quilting, getting them ready for Christmas.

Sounds like you had fun.

Blog Entries
    You got some good buys...even a sewing machine!

We had a great day yest.Weather was perfect fo a grive to Oh Amish area, so off we went. I got a few batik cuts at FQS.Every shop was packed with ppl,but we were in no hurry, so just wandered here & there.My only bargain was a big bag of apples :D

"So, how did you do this weekend? any good bargains, or fun finds?"

Bought some men's shirts at the Thrift Store for a manly quilt but didn't get any great bargains. Enjoyed looking though. Yard Sales everywhere...drove to Alabama from Memphis. Hard to keep from stopping!!

While traveling Friday, I stopped at the nicest fabric store, I got beautiul flannel, and plan to make 2 very diffrent rag quilts. I hear they are wonderfully warm!
    Then I helped a friend move and she gave me some fabric and a roll of batting, none of this she wanted to move across country. She also offered me a quilt rack or two, I turned it down, but now rethinking that! I HOPE to get a couple of hours today/tonite to sew a little. Hopefully!

No bargains this weekend, stayed home and sewed all day and plan to do the same today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast