Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Greed or Just Good Old Making Profit Off of Little Kids?

I am just venting a bit. Why do people buy up children's toys at Christmas, inflate the price ridiculously high, and make those of us who can't afford an expensive toy not be able to afford what should be affordable for our kids??

I am so frustrated. My daughter has a short list, and all she wanted most were a few stuffed animals that should be twelve or thirteen dollars each. Since they are popular animals, people have bought all of them up, and all I can find are 40 and 50 dollar ones on eBay. They did the same thing when my older two kids likes those Beanie Babies. It makes me so mad! You can't blame people for wanting to make money, but I sure wish they would leave children's toys alone!

np3
    Blog Entries
    That is a horrible markup!!!

What are the specific ones she wants? Maybe someone on the board can find them in their state for you. I would be willing to try.

I agree it is so wrong they are kids toys now look at the money we spent on beanies are worth nothing don't they get it??

Power Poster
    Maybe it's the manufacturers only producing a limited number of a certain item that is the problem?

Yeah, we do a very subdued gift-giving thing over here. I refuse to be held hostage by big box stores. It's really disgusting how they play on people's emotions.

Have you looked at the price for the 'toys' from "Toy Story"? And people are frantic because they can't get them...out of stock or back ordered.....I agree, greed at the expense of groceries, utilities, basic necessities.

Don't forget to be mad at the parents who facilitate it by purchasing at those prices. What the market will bear is the phrase.

Honoring greed circa 1958:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5IXlfJSEi4

It's all a gimmick. they plan those shortages and have a wharehouse full....remember the cabbage patch craze? wommen were beating each other up for those...oh lord.

I think I might have found what you are looking for check your pm.

Yes. I knew a woman who worked at KMart and got her arm broken because women were shoving her down to get Cabbage Patch Dolls.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast