Grrr....my naughty dog!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Power Poster

Dogs hate citrus/citronella, so maybe after a good clean and vinegar spray, squirt the citronella where you don't want him to go. Staffies love their people, so maybe he is just anxious.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions, I really appreciate your responses.

BUT...Whilst I am open to suggestions, as that is what I posted this thread for, I dont mean to sound horrible and unappreciative, can we please stop attacking each other about what suggestions have been made. How one person deals with some things weather it be animals or kids or whatever is up to their descresion (sp?) We were all brought up dofferently, and react differently to every situation that occurs, including on how we see our animals.

So please, again at the risk of sounding hard and nasty, if you do not have a constuctive suggestion on my situation, whatever that suggestion may be, please keep your opinion on how others have dealt with their problems to yourself. All I asked for were suggestions, not opinions.

Ok, Im off my soap box now. I apologize if I have offended anyone, but that is MY opinion on the subject.

I am pleased to report, that for the last day and 2 nights, he has not done his business on my pergola, and what I did, was wash the area down, and when he DID go out on the grass, I have given him a treat and fussed him big time, so hopefully he is getting the right idea. :-)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:59 PM

YEAH!!! What a good doggie!!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 AM

I wonder if you have a possum? It made the neighbours dog really anxious, and his behaviour changed. Prior to this happening, he would poo in his "toilet" - a doggie bio loo - with no problems.
He has also started barking ALL NIGHT since the big wet. They are working on this, keeping the curtains slightly open where he can see them with my dressmakers dummy in the window!
We have used Poss Off from Bunnings where he was pooing, and it seems to have helped. Unfortunately, the possum poos and pees everywhere, and he just wants to send it a message. The possum at this point is winning . . ..
Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
I wonder if you have a possum? It made the neighbours dog really anxious, and his behaviour changed. Prior to this happening, he would poo in his "toilet" - a doggie bio loo - with no problems.
He has also started barking ALL NIGHT since the big wet. They are working on this, keeping the curtains slightly open where he can see them with my dressmakers dummy in the window!
We have used Poss Off from Bunnings where he was pooing, and it seems to have helped. Unfortunately, the possum poos and pees everywhere, and he just wants to send it a message. The possum at this point is winning . . ..
Cant say I have seen a possum prowling around, but it might be something else...like magpies....we have those! Perhaps he has gotten swooped too many times and is too scared to set foot out there now.

Like the idea about the dressmakers dummy in the window though....very ingenious!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Administrator

topic locked per author's request.