Grrrrr.....

Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 AM

This makes me go grrrr.... First of all there couldn't be a better animal lover than me, I have two dogs both females and they are the light of my life. Now here is my dilemma. I have a friend (Daphne) that has two small dogs and every time she bring's them to my house without asking permission, they run around like crazy through the house and after they leave I find puddles of urine and dog poo in hidden areas. After telling Daphne what the dogs have done she simply denies this and bring's them around again and again, till I finally told her that these dogs are not welcome in my home.
Now she is doing this to another friend of mine (Trudy).
Trudy does not know how to approach Daphne, for fear of losing her friendship, I flat out told Trudy what I said but she wants another way out, so I am coming to you with words of wisdom could I have suggestions? In Diplomatic way what can Trudy say to Daphne.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Does your friend have inside pets too? If not, then the evidence would be undeniable. Daphne would be hard pressed to explain it without accepting responsibility.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM
np3
Power Poster

Wow, doesn't want to lose her friendship. I don't think a true friend would do that. Just my opinion......
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

"If the dogs come, they must stay in this one (small!) area where we can see them." Dogs don't usually mess the area where they "live".

But, still, what an incredibly rude, selfish friend!

Jan in VA
Old 01-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Oh my gosh! What an insensitive friend. I would be MORTIFIED if my pet peed in someone else's home.

I cannot imagine a friend coming over and expecting that I would be okay with her bringing her pets as well.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Not a chance. Been there, done all sorts and still if I see someone coming I won't them in with their little ones unless they are LITTLE and I have a closure for them but the big ones aren't welcome and I do have a back yard for a temporary stop! I have a doggie and this is her home, too. Setting your bounds is very important. It took me until retirement to establish this for my own good. I can't clean up like I use to be able to do. lol, now this was where I drew the line, I gave a lady and empty bread bag once to put accidents in........she didn't have a clue and I did not welcome her back, nor her doggie. Been there and took stuff of folks that called themselves friends. I don't visit anyone so I don't have to be told not to do or to do something. I don't get many visitor, either! Life is quiet and better. - from your resident anti-social grump, beside all the time visitng and all the time cleaningup.........shoot I could be sewing or piddling on here! My best to ya, I know your pickle!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Oh my! Sometimes people can't take a suttle hint, or they pretend not to get it. Your friend needs to set her boundaries. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is. Truthfully, not a good friend in my opinion if she has to be told these things over and over again. I wouldn't worry about hurting her feelings, she's not worried about hurting anyone! Sounds mean, I know. But, after 58 years of being a very nice person and getting "pooped" on, I let it "fly" but nicely.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

With 'friends' like that, who needs enemies?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

I don't let anyone in my home that does not respect my home. This is very disrespectful in my book.

I would nicely tell her that her pets are peeing/pooping in my home, so when she comes to visit they must either stay home, in the yard, or in the car. End of discussion... If this person is in denial/refusing to admit they do this, then a direct statement may be all that she will listen to.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh, and I forgot, my anti social grumpy DH once picked up the poop, put it in a bag and delivered it back to the lady. When she opened the door he opened the bag and dumped it in her entryway. Thus, ending a friendship!!!!! LOL

One of the many stories in the "naked Grumpy City"
:twisted: