Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: guild meeting tonight

Banned
    Blog Entries
    was finally worth sitting through...well, the program was anyway.
    A lady from Osage county extension office here in OK came to talk about one of my most fave things...FEEDSACK fabrics...oh boy...I got to fondle and play and oooooohhhh and aaaaahhhh over her collection of things made from them..it was sheer heaven!

Although, I wish I had known she was the program(missed the meeting last month), because this weekend, I just bought a laundry basket FULL of feed sack and 30's/40's prints....would have also loved to show off some of my quilts during the special show-n-tell! :(

Blog Entries
    I love feed sacks some of the cutest clothes I had as a little girl were made out of them. Would love to see a collection of them.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    she had some dresser that were made for a little girl by her grandmother! some aprons and some flour sack undies...on the backside it said "Southern Best" flour..hehehe

Blog Entries
    what a special treat for you :)

I love feedsacks, wish i had enough to do something with them

I am collecting feedsack fabrics, but I can't figure out what to do with them. I have some squares, and some half and whole sacks. I can't bear to cut them up.

Blog Entries
    My mom made all my clothes when I was a little girl. She never bought fabric!. I remember just loving it when she got new "flour" sacks in. My mom was so talented, she made her own patterns. We would see something in a newspaper (never got a magazine) and she would just free hand the pattern. I never had a store bought dress until I was 10 and I got one for Easter that year.