The gym...

Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

WHAT A GREAT THREAD! Yes, mamabird u have to go AND participate. Sucks doesn't it?

I actually had a chat with DH THIS week about him having to roll my sorry butt out of bed earlier so I can get to work earlier so I can leave in time to go to exercise class. We'll see how that will go on Monday. A lot depends on how much verbal abuse he is willing to accept first ting in the morning. (Did you get that I am not a morning person?)

My favorite part of the day is sitting for half an hour and watching FIT TV - gosh they sure work up a sweat - well, I do too, eating my snack and drinking my wine. :twisted:
Old 04-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jerrie
Originally Posted by mamabird3
I bought a membership to 24 Hour Fitness today.
Do you think that will be enough?
Or do I actually have to go?
I also joined 24 Hour Fitness The first week in March and i have not went yet because the day after i joined i was put into the hospitan and beed sick ever since. we did a family plan the only things is that you can not cancel unless you pay for the membership for the year which that is what we signed up for. my daughter been going it is a nice thing you can go many times you want.
There is a clause in their contract that lets you out, IF you get a signed note from your doctor that exercising would be detrimental to your health and well being. Then they will let you off, some places will let you take a break until you get a doctor's release and then you start the membership back up :D

Myself, I do occasionally watch various exercise shows at home.....from the comfort of my recliner ofcourse :oops: :shock: :oops: I do try to eat something low cal while watching them, though :roll: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM

I've belonged to our community center gym since the end of January. I HAD to do SOMETHING!!! DH goes with me sometimes, but my favorite time to go is early in the morning. Then I get it out of the way and feel morally superior to everyone else for the whole day! Seriously, though, I do feel better--I'm up to 40 minutes (2 miles) on the treadmill at least 4 days a week. I've been wimping out once in a while lately, but I never let myself off the hook for 2 days in a row. And I actually have a biceps muscle now that I never had before! Go--you'll be glad you did!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:50 PM

I joined our gym when I first moved here.. and used it faithfully to rehab my shoulder after surgery.... but the only thing that got lighter was my wallet.. I think I'm going to give up my membership as the hours just don't work for me.. and I could be buying fabric with that money.