Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A ha! New protection for my kindle

A ha! New protection for my kindle

:-D :-D :-D I found this little hard cover planner laying around with an old calendar and such in it so I tossed that and made the padding and the kindle holder and used a sticky velcro to put on the case and then sewed regulatr velcro to the fabric and stuck it onto the sticky one inside the case. I think it looks great and I put plenty of padding in it so it will give it good protection and such. The two color elastic is some thing I found in the thrift store and they are little girls head headbands. There were 6 of them there and they are diffrent colors, so no need to cover with fabric. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay

This just a planner case, it zips cloed
    Name:  Attachment-167480.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  51.2 KB

I put the padded thingy in and the kindle holder thing in to protect it
    Name:  Attachment-167484.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  70.8 KB

that is neat

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    So, do you really love the Kindle? I think I like to have a real book in my hand....not?

Very clever! Nice that you can change colors, too!

I love my kindle. I can change the font size when ever I need to and for an old bag like I need to be able to see what I'm reading. HAve a great day, Huggies, Fay

Blog Entries
    Well... you are very clever!! I love this idea :D:D:D

I have one of these old planner somewhere, thanks for the great idea for my NOOK.

very cool! I need one of those! My kindle case is just a padded fabric case. I was going to use a plastic pencil box but it didn't fit. I need a hard case cause I usually carry my kindle in a big tote bag with lots of other stuff, including books. haha! My DH said "I thought the kindle was supposed to take the place of books"---well not my quilty books! ;) I already popped the back off by accident :oops: because it slid its way under my books....ahhh...and I was worried about my daughter taking care of her Kindle :roll: Your idea is a great one! THANKS for sharing!

very cool! I need one of those! My kindle case is just a padded fabric case. I was going to use a plastic pencil box but it didn't fit. I need a hard case cause I usually carry my kindle in a big tote bag with lots of other stuff, including books. haha! My DH said "I thought the kindle was supposed to take the place of books"---well not my quilty books! ;) I already popped the back off by accident :oops: because it slid its way under my books....ahhh...and I was worried about my daughter taking care of her Kindle :roll: Your idea is a great one! THANKS for sharing!