Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Handmade Gifts

Smile Handmade Gifts

I love the idea of giving a handmade gift and need to make some for friends. A number of you have mentioned pincushions. Now, I'd like to know....what are your favorites ?

Blog Entries
    How about tissue holders and cosmetic bags? I made lots of tissue holders for a church ladies day and they were well received and I made cosmetic bags as wedding party gifts for my nephew's wedding in January. I used the tute on this board for the tissue holders, check out my postings for the info on the bags. Both were quick and easy.

Blog Entries
    there are soooo many pincushions posted here on the QB. here is a link to the pincushion category in the quilt gallery
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums16967.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Aprons are a great item - they take more fabric but aprons are making a comeback.

Blog Entries
    a new pincushion tut was just posted on the QB Flower Pincushion -- my avatar
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Yes see the Flower Pincushion -- my avatar just posted today.... NO SEWING MACHINE and simple not to mention cute!
    I had purchased one of these a couple years ago for $9.00 at a craft show... !
    llweezie

Blog Entries

How about these?

I made these as gifts for the women in my family for Christmas. The pattern is called "A Little
    Duffle Do It". The pattern is very easy and they are quick to make! Here's a link to the pattern that you can download. They're so much fun to make...be careful! They're addictive!

http://www.connectingthreads.com/pat...__D10068D.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been making purses for my daughters in law and one of the things they like that I include is a check holder. Most of us only us those checks once in a blue moon so it is nice to have a separate holder for them so that they don't get ruined. I also include a spot for the credit/debit cards and drivers license in the flap so that if they want to go for a quick shopping trip without their whole purse that is all they need to grab. The other things I include are a coin purse, cosmetic bag etc. They have been well received and are so quick and easy to make. I use velcro to hold the pieces closed.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Rice bags are nice for heating and using on the body(I give mine with lavendar). Aprons that are unique are another thing I give out(like the one made from a man's shirt- kids go nuts for them as well as my tween & teen granddaughters). IF its kids: A backpack reader with a soft book in it, Tweens: a makeup case, Teens: a quilted something or another (Backpack, purse, etc..) of their choice after fishing around. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Mary View Post
    I made these as gifts for the women in my family for Christmas. The pattern is called "A Little
    Duffle Do It". The pattern is very easy and they are quick to make! Here's a link to the pattern that you can download. They're so much fun to make...be careful! They're addictive!

http://www.connectingthreads.com/pat...__D10068D.html
    These are very nice
    SoniSew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast