Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Happy Aprils Fool Day!  Did anyone get you??? >

Happy Aprils Fool Day! Did anyone get you???

Happy Aprils Fool Day! Did anyone get you???

Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Google Goddess

Happy Aprils Food Day! Did anyone get you ???
Old 04-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Nope, not this year!! :D:D
Old 04-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Nope stayed home and hubby is not into jokes!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:45 PM

I tought my son how to play jokes I got the hey look at the monkey and oh theres a spider on your head!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Nope, not this year. I got my son though since today is also his birthday I just had to. But after 29 years he kind of expects it.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

MY six year old got me with a spider in my hair... I freaked.. and yup you guessed it - NO SPIDER!!!! :shock:

Who woudda thunk it a lil one like her would know to play jokes!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Made it through unscathed today...so far. As I mentioned in another April Fool post earlier, today is my birthday so I'm always on the lookout for tricks.

Over the years I've had plenty played on me. Several times I've driven around all day with a big signs on the passenger side of my car (unbeknowst to me!) that said "Honk, it's my birthday" or "Caution, driver has PMS". BTW I make a full walk-around my car before I get in it every April 1st now!

My mother says that the Dr. told her as he was delivering her 7th daughter (me) "It's a boy...April Fool, it's another girl." :roll:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-178365.gif  
Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 PM

My daughter got me good. She posted on her facebook that she was pregnant and even had a picture of an EPT test that showed positive.

When I saw that, I got soooooooooooooooooo excited I could almost not contain myself. Her friends posted "Congrats" and all that stuff and a few of them even asked her if it was a joke, and she replied no it wasnt a joke.

So as I am reading all the posts, I got to thinking..."shes NOT pregnant" because if she was, she would have called me and told me and I haven't received any calls from her.

So, as my heart is about to jump out of my chest, in my heart, I KNEW it was a joke, and a good one at that, I Call her.

First thing out of my mouth was...."MISTYDAWN...are you Pregnant? Her reply " NO MOM that was a joke".

So then my heart dropped. I asked her why did she post that and she said it was for April Fools Day!!! And the reason she hasn't said it was a joke yet is because...ITS STILL APRIL 1...And she will spill the truth just before midnight tonight. LOL...Clever young lady she is. She definitely knows how to keep you on your toes. lol

Oh I forgot to add that she is 29 gonna be 30 in August, has a GREAT head on her shoulders. And isnt planning on having a baby any time soon. So oh well...Maybe next year.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Okay so I almost made it through the day without falling for an April Fool joke, until my son who just got his wisdom teeth removed came running over to me with blood coming out of his mouth saying that his stitches came out..........I jumped up and said OMG and he started laughing and said April Fools......just ketchup MOM!!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 PM

My Sons GF put on facebook today that I traumatized my son when I pulled a joke on him about 20 years ago!

He was about 16 and was VERY hard to wake up for school or anything. On 4/1 I made the fire alarm go off in the house and yelled fire. He jumped out of bed and ran downstairs in his underwear. He says he ran outside...I don't remember it that way...but he has not forgiven me yet! I still have to laugh.