Happy Mother's day

Old 05-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Default Happy Mother's day

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's day. I hate all the pressure TV puts on everyone at Mother's day.. I think sometimes on occasions like Valentines, Mother's Day, etc... we feel left out if we don't get jewelry, flowers, or chocolates.... I have tried over the years to get over that. I know my kids lives are busy. I try to remember me with my mom at their present age. I love it when they remember, but when they don't ... I love their calls, or just know somewhere I have influence them.... and it is ok.

So for all you mothers, or want-to- be mothers... Just enjoy the day... be good to yourself and sew a little ( or a lot)... Tomorrow is Monday... another day....

Happy Mother's day to alllll my female friends...

Sally
Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

I totally agree. My DSs live in Indiana almost 1500 miles away. Today I got a phone call and text with photos and a notice of FACEBOOK and my DGDs sent messages with photos and called and I am just HAPPY as can be. I don't need the cards. Same as the other holidays. Means more to me than any other gift is to hear their voices and I don't even care if their spending it someone else because I appreciate the moments of love they give me. Just tickles the daylights out of me. They do the same to DH. They always say HAPPY MOTHER'S/FATHER'S DAY and end the calls with " I love you!" That is a big deal to us! So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:08 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I am just happy to get a phone call !!

Hope all had a good mother's day
Old 05-12-2014, 01:00 PM

I got just what I wanted for Mother's Day, peace and quiet, and a text from each of my two DD, and calls from all of my never adopted kids that I have helped over the years. It was a wonderful day.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 PM

I agree, there is lots of pressure to buy, buy, buy. I like being able to call someone to wish them a happy birthday or happy whatever holiday. I hate going to the store to buy something they may or may not need or want. Hooray for social media.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 PM

This year was great! Dd came home for friends wedding, on sunday she made a luncheon for 6 women we knew, one was pregnant with her first! My dear hubby went to florist and bough all the women a vase of flowers! I got the biggest of course! Ha ha! It was wonderful to share the day!!!!!