Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing? >

Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing?

Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:33 AM

I am going to doc to see if I can get the cast removed from my right hand and hopefully, be able to start piecing/quilting again.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:46 AM

Just got back from a horticulture trade show late last night. This AM I unloaded the plants we brought home from the truck and the car so they don't "bake", watered them, and now I've got the sprinkler on my garden because we haven't had a drop of rain in weeks - and lots of heat!! Getting ready to take the truck to the shop today to unload the equipment, then come back home and water the remainder of the gardens. Dogs need to be raked and bathed and toe nails trimmed. After that ... time and stamina permitting ... I'll QUILT! Day off? yeah ... right.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM

I have been doing the thankless job of raking pine needles.( after doing more weed wacking than one person should ever have to do......) I am convinced a whole new bunch of them fall down at night while I'm sleeping. But, this is all in the name of fire protection and has priority.

Even so, I have been squeezing in time to work on a baby quilt for my second grandson. He isn't due until October so I haven't felt "pushed" yet!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 AM

I searched for a wallet pattern. Found the dried catnip I was looking for. And bought another purse pattern. I have to catch up on some more things. Then I can get back to my hummingbird applique top.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Working on a quilt for my DH.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM

I am working on Vino. It is a fusible web applique pattern by Debi Hubbs. http://artblooms.net/store/index.php...products_id=38
I love doing fusible web applique.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Cutting out 9" squares to put tea pots and cups on for small quilt. Pink material came from estate sale napkins, the cups and tea pots from a apron pattern, at where else, the pound store. Just finished up appliquing on the leaves for a tropical wall hanging using materials my daughter sent me from her vacation in the tropics. Staying inside with 102 temps..
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM

Right now I'm checking out the new items on the QB. Have some housework to do but my arthritis is kicking up this morning, so won't get much of that done. I'm hoping to get some squares cut out so in the near future I can start on my 10 minute block quilt for granddaughter. Cleaned up some messes in my quilting room but lots more needs to be done. Just taking it easy so I don't get so stiff and sore.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Trying to stay inside as well, it's so hot here in TX. With working a full time job during the week, my weekend is spent finishing up a baby quilt for my nephew's baby girl born this past March. Although, won't have the chance to work on it because hubby is leaving for Europe so we've got tons of honey-do's to do!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 AM

what am I working on?
I am trying to catch up with the Board!
I have my granddaughter every day this week, and we have vacation Bible school in the evenings. She wants me to play with her, I have to do final prep's for VBS crafts.
And print the pictures I've taken.
Her birthday is coming up in a couple days and I have to make her quilt label and wash and dry it to be sure it doesn't bleed. And wrap her other gift.

I am hoping GD will take a nap today so I can take a quick one and get some more work done.