Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing? >

Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing?

Happy Wednesday! What are u working on or doing?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM

spending my "vacation" (my two weeks off) cleaning out my parent's old house's basement. it has been taking on water from all the rain, and damaging the stuff down there. dad was a machinist and tool and die maker, and had a complete metal working shop, complete wood working shop, and has a garage full of welding and automotive equipment. he was 90 when he died...this has been accumulating for nearly 60 years in this house alone. and mom collected "small antiques"--so there is all of her glassware, depression glass, ruby, emerald and cobalt glass to be packed up, as well. and all the stuff from sweden. and the farm. and ....good grief. i finally know why people just throw up their hands and throw it OUT! i haven't been near a sewing machine since may...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Housecleaning here to get ready for August company for two weeks.. right now cleaning my sewing/computer room which reverts back to an extra bedroom for two weeks - now that is a project -taking longer to do this small room than it did four other rooms put together; but lots of stuff need to find a place and make room for a visitor.... wish me luck! :)
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Wednesday, yesterday I completed a quilted Tic-Tac-Toe square. Today I am making yo-yos for the game pieces. Our GDS are coming for a visit and thought it a good idea to teach the 4 year old how to play.
Valleyquilter :lol:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM

Went to my daughter's house to feed the cats, feed and give water to their 8 chickens, looked at the debris all around their house from the hail storm they had in the foothills last nite, and now home to work on my 3 baby pinwheel quilts!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Waiting on quitting time (only 1 hour, 50 minutes and counting) so I can go home do housework, cook, pay bills, and if I'm really lucky, a little time to quilt. Does anybody else work outside the home?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Grocery shopping in the AM and then finish quilting a baby quilt that will be donated to our church for our bazaar on July 31.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 AM

I am thinking about my plans to go to the Kalaidescope Quilt show Saturday at the Franciscan Center of Lourdes College in Sylvania Ohio. There will be mini classes, a quilt show, special displays and a merchant mall.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Today I cut out a sun hat and baby bib. I sewed a little and cut some squares for a small scrappy quilt I've been working on. I machine embroidered a car on a t-shirt for hubby for a car show this weekend. Today was exceptionally fruitful. Haven't been able to get this much done in a long time. Will work on a quilted bag later. I multitask when I sew because I have a short attention span and get bored easily, so I do a little work on many projects and I do get things done...eventually.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Hello, on this Thursday evening. It has been a beautiful day in NJ, and I have taken some summer days to go to classes, quilting and embroidery. I am also working on Quilts of Valour quilts. Hope you have a great rest of the summer
Threads
Old 07-14-2011, 03:30 PM

I'm working on all kinds of small quilts, but also trying to get my sewing room organized and looking like I haven't just dumped everything in there. It's a small room and I just keep reorganizing and reorganizing. Some day I'll get it right.