Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard to find good fitting comfortable pants?

Blog Entries
    I couldn't put it off any longer, I had to go clothes shopping. My casual wear out in public clothes were looking pretty sad. The group at guild probably thought I owned one outfit! :lol: DGD wanted to go to the mall so while she was getting her eyebrows threaded (plucking or waxing is so old school now, so I learned) I wondered in to Dillards and looked at a few outfits. There was a sale rack so I went to that and next to it was a rack of pants that looked nice. I tried a pair on and I was jumping for joy! The pants fit perfectly, looked great, and were comfortable! They must run large because size smaller fit better then my regular size. ;-) No zipper, no buttons just smooth comfortable fit. I ask the sales lady if they were maternity they were that comfortable. She laughed and said the store sells out of them as fast as they get them in, all the capri lengths were sold out. I wanted the full length anyway.

They come in denim and classic black, white, stone, or beige. I"m 5"3 and the petite regular short is the perfect length. The sizes 4 - 16 that I saw on the rack in the petite (short) section.

http://www.dillards.com/product/West...400700?rr=true

Now if I could find the perfect bra I'd be one happy lady.

Blog Entries
    wow, glad you found some pants and good luck on a bra

Blog Entries
    I like the "Alfred Dunner" jeans in capri's. They have elastic waist and wash great. I buy them at Belk's in FL not sure where you are.
    I'm with you getting a comfortable bra. Mostly stick with Playtex.

I HATE shopping for clothes. Isn't it a good feeling when you find just the right thing?

Blog Entries
    Eyebrows "threaded"!!??? what's that !?

I'm jealous, I just went to dresses and skirts a few years ago and never looked back!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'll write that down. It's just the waist band, I don't get along well without a firm waistband. I can sew a belt on top of the band and have several times. I use the fabric cut off the hems of the pants. No matter if I buy "short"or "Petite" they always have to be cut off. I have a long waist and short legs, no one notices it till I try on pants, they always give me regular ones.
    I just got some from a farm supply store, they are called =Cruel Girl=brand. They are made with a lowered waistline, which sets just at my own waistline, and boot cut which means they fit over my ropers. Because of a long ago broken ankle with seams on the sides, from surgery, I can't wear boots with side seams, so use cowboy lace up ropers most of the time. These pants fit quite well, but only seem to come in denim, but will wear like iron.
    For casual wear, I love Levi's Bend Overs with front zipper. They come in both styles, with and without. Most of the hospital volunteers I knew also used them for their comfort and washability. They come in white and other colors, some I had washed quite well for years before wearing out. No yellowing either.
    Now all I need is a good bra, sure wish I could find one better than my long time ones, Bali Flower Bras. Haven't found any better, even the one that comes with my Bosom Buddy.

I am an Alfred Dunner pants fan as well. They use a softer elastic in the waist, fit well and last forever. Going to Dillards tomorrow and will check out the Park Avenue. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like me - some brands call this short in the rise.

Ditto

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast