Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: has anyone read

Thanks, I wrote them down to see if our little library has them. I know they can order from bigger libraries too!

I love the Benni Harper books. I got them from the library and once I read the first one, I was hooked. Sure they're light reading, but there's nothing wrong with that. I strongly recommend you read them in order; they're much more fun that way.

Earlene Fowler also co-wrote a quilting book; I think it's called "Benni Harper Quilt Album." I really liked several of the patterns in it and she also included additional stories about the characters in the books. However, you don't want to read these stories until after you read the first several books.

Enjoy!

They are good to read but not as "quilty" as Elm Creek.
    Can you order them from your library?

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't buy them, unless you like to own books. Most libraries carry them and they are such a quick read that they go in and out fast so you don't have to wait long if a copy isn't in.

There is a Benni Harper mystery quilt club on line that you might want to check out as well, if you become a fan.

Another author who writes fiction with quilting is Sandra Dallas.

I've read a lot of them. They're OK - nothing earth shattering - but fine when you aren't in the mood to really think about what you're reading. They probably should be read in order, but if not, it's OK. You can figure things out - they're not that complex.

Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    There is a Benni Harper mystery quilt club on line that you might want to check out as well, if you become a fan.

Thanks for these two tips! I'll be checking both of them out.

:thumbup:

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    I wouldn't buy them, unless you like to own books. Most libraries carry them and they are such a quick read that they go in and out fast so you don't have to wait long if a copy isn't in.

I HATE to own books but I have a hard enough time finding someone to grocery shopping for us let alone go to the library to get me books.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    She is so popular you cannot find them in the used stores either. I googled " fiction quilt books" and there are other authurs out there too. I even raed the Debbie Mccomber book and it's mostly knitting but I enjoy their meetings and friendships they make too. I just finished one by Arlene Sachitano called Quilt as Desired. It was good and she has lots of books out too. YOu might check her out. Happy reading.

I've read them, in fact I own most of them. Can't find them in my library half the time. I'm cleaning out books I'll never read again, and these fit the category. They weren't bad, just weren't great enough for me to hold on to. If anyone is interested, I will send them for cost of postage. I'll look at the books and let you know how many I have.

Blog Entries
    someone on the board was talking about them the other day on here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast