Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone seen the movie The Shack >

Has anyone seen the movie The Shack

Has anyone seen the movie The Shack

Old 03-13-2017, 12:30 AM

pflum1, I lost my son over Easter too, 8 years this year. You're in my thoughts! Always a difficult time of the year for me. Hugs and love to everyone who's lost a child. It's the most heartbreaking experience you could ever go through. Still hurts like it was yesterday.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 AM

My DH and I went to see The Shack. We've both read the book, and the movie was good!! The theatre was crowded, and all the through it you could hear a pin drop. Even walking out people were quiet.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:33 AM

I had trouble reading the book but am glad I did. I would like to see the movie. To me that's what a movie should do. Make you think. Make you appreciate. Make you realize who, where and what you are and what you can be. I quit watching movies years ago. They seem to be challenging each other to see who can be the most vulgar and potty mouthed.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:16 AM

Maybe thought provoking, but I prefer movies that are entertaining...sort of takes one away from their own lives, situations..... But I do agree potty mouth and heavy sex scenes, and loud computer generated massive explosive scenes are getting to be more the norm, therefore most movies are not on my list....and a lot of tv is following the same pattern........
Old 03-15-2017, 05:27 AM
dd

I read the book and loved it. I told my husband he has to see it even though he didn't read the book. Our pastor saw it and said it's biblically sound. We will be having a discussion time next Wednesday at church about the movie. Unfortunately, I can't go. I was going to go see the movie last night, because our theaters have discounts on Tuesdays. We had way too much snow and fear of re-freezing last night to be out. Guess it will have to wait.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:41 AM

"Beloved, the best place to meet God is not at the shack, but at the cross. For the Gospel is the greatest story ever told, and better still, it is true." Last line from the article below, Leading the Way

website.http://www.ltw.org/read/articles/201...with-the-shack