Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have to chuckle

I was sitting in my surgeon's office and this little old lady came in with a walker. She was a friendly person, chatting away to me while we waited. She asked if I was from Thunder Bay, and I said no, and told her where I was from, and that I had just moved here in July.

With a poker straight face she asked me, 'Oh, did you move into the senior residence there?' I literally sputtered, I mean yes, the front of my hair is grey, but I've have been grey in front my whole life, and I know I wear bi-focals, but hey! my optometrist said I could fly a plane because I can see a mile away, I just can't see anything in front of me. lol

I didn't think I looked that old!!!! LOL

lol..them old ladies are looking good these days.... :oops: :wink:

Blog Entries
    You should have told her, "No, but I dance for them." :wink:

That's too funny!

Power Poster
    Ouch!

Oh, I can relate SD!! I have been asked numerous times if my kids (7 and 11) are my grandchildren. I was asked it more when they were younger...it's painful to be associated with being so much older than you feel you look!!

Blog Entries
    Did you recommend that she have her eyes exammed ? But I can sort of relate.. when I was younger , I can't tell you how many times I was asked ... When is the baby due ???? :roll: I would kindly answer he is how many years he was at the time...
    I mean really what gives the more advanced in years people the nerve to ask such questions :shock:

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Did you recommend that she have her eyes exammed ? But I can sort of relate.. when I was younger , I can't tell you how many times I was asked ... When is the baby due ???? :roll: I would kindly answer he is how many years he was at the time...
    I mean really what gives the more advanced in years people the nerve to ask such questions :shock:
    Cuz we are old! The very old and the very young can pretty much "get away" with saying almost anything.

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh... what my grandmother used to say in public. She forgot people could hear her. So many sticky moments... funny later... I still giggle about them. I'd keep thinking, just wait till Dad hears this one and I'd giggle all the way home. Oh boy. :roll: :oops:

Oh Shadow..........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast