Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have u had cortizone(sp) shot 4 back pain? >

Have u had cortizone(sp) shot 4 back pain?

Have u had cortizone(sp) shot 4 back pain?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shibori
I got one in the lower back and it caused me to have a period for 37 days straight.
I don't know if I can handle that side effect! I am 62 now & stopped when I was 53. Oh MY.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Haven't had shots in my back but did have them in my shoulders. It did help but didn't last very long. Did give me relief and I thought it was worth it.
Hope you get some relief.
Blessings,
Scherrie
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM

The pain goes down my leg and in my hip.
THIS sounds like Sciatica to me. Have had several time and chiropractor always makes it stop.
Have had shots in both my shoulders and worked miracles because I could not even raise arms above waist. So far still working good.
I think you should have another opinion maybe before undergoing shots that may not help you.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Did shots for about 1 1/2 years not much help. My massage therapist told me about ProLo Therapy. I found a couple of Dr's about 400 miles away. Had 9 treatments, once a month. I could not even drive a car. I am so much better I feel like I have gotten my life back. The treatment isn't easy and is expensive. Insurance does not pay. I just didn't want to have surgery. You might want to check it out.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM

I get them every three months in my right hand, elbow and arm. They hurt like @#$%^&!. But the relief I get from them is worth it. I went in last week for them and the Dr. sprayed a freezing spray on my skin and it helped a little bit. I am sorry you are having problems with your back and I hope the cortisone brings you some relief.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
The pain goes down my leg and in my hip.
THIS sounds like Sciatica to me. Have had several time and chiropractor always makes it stop.
Have had shots in both my shoulders and worked miracles because I could not even raise arms above waist. So far still working good.
I think you should have another opinion maybe before undergoing shots that may not help you.
I had an MRI and it is called Sopndylosis or arthritis of the spine. I told the DR pain isnt bad enough for a shot. I have heard the shots in the joints hurt a lot but he said I would be numbed for the shot. But I am not ready for them yet!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Do yourself a favor and DONT GET THIS CORTISONE SHOT! Not only does it hurt like a S_B, but it's not good for you.

I had carpal tunnel surgery and developed a trigger finger afterwards and was told to have 3 cortisone shots between my fingers on each hand. No way will I ever do that again. I almost went into shock. It's so painful and the doctor, who is a complete idiot and has no compassion for life itself, injected this stuff so quickly between my fingers that I nearly fell off the table and passed out.

This drug will do more harm than good, so spare yourself the pain, pain PAIN, PAIN. You will be in more pain from the shot than it's worth. It will deteroriate your tissues in the end.

trust me on this.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

i've not had much luck with cortizone. had it but not for back pain.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:59 PM

I had 3 different spinal blocks(shots) with steroids a couple of years ago for arithritis in lumbar area. Was done in the hospital as out patient and you are numbed prior to the shots. First shot helped a lot, second maybe a little, and couldn't tell a difference after the 3rd. After 3 months they started talking about redoing them again, so I found an excellent neurologist and chose surgery. Would do that again - two lumbar laminectomies, arithritic bone spurs removed, and part of a ligament. Still have some pain if I sit too long without moving around, but it is Nothing like before!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjean
I had an MRI and it is called Sopndylosis or arthritis of the spine. I told the DR pain isnt bad enough for a shot. I have heard the shots in the joints hurt a lot but he said I would be numbed for the shot. But I am not ready for them yet!
Yup. My MRI showed spondylosis along with stenosis and old herniated discs. The isolation exercises at the neck and back clinic took care of all the pain for me. It is very important to continue to exercise to pump nutrients through the spine.