Have you ever . . .

Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 AM

had a hard time figuring out what you should be doing?

I cleaned up my sewing/office space over the weekend. And I am very happy with it. Bought a new chair. The old one I couldn't sit in for long (2-3 hours). This one seems to be much better. So there are three things that I have been working on ~

1 ~ I have started a new quilt - the pattern is On The Way Home (a BOM Sampler by Mary's Collage Quilts). I am really enjoying it.

2 ~ I have the Homestead Hearth's Civil War Tribute Quilt ready to start working on.

3 ~ I have all of the blocks done for a Triple Irish Chain. I am at the point of appliquing the Ohio Rose pattern in the empty blocks.

Any suggestions - I am just sort of -here-.

The thing is - I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday (12th). I don't know. I am just restless I guess. Oh well, I guess I will just go and read my new book from the library - Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim. I have been really enjoying that.

Guess I'll just check in with you guys later.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 AM

I think you should relax for a while!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Yes. Alot. Things I should be doing versus things I want to be doing...I end up wasting alot of my time. I get so caught up in the thinking and planning. I must learn to carry it out and make it happen - quicker.

You sound busy and productive. I don't know what type of surgery you are having, but will you be able to pick up again working on what you've started? But yes, I wonder what I should be doing. Sometimes I wander around my house just to see if something grabs me...I don't go near the closet with the vacuum, though. I don't want to be grabbed by it.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

I see all the things I should do, but don't want to.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
np3
Power Poster

Time to relax and not worry about what should be done.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:44 AM

I just went to the sewing room, turned on the light and tv, stood there for a minute and turned everything off. Can't seem to get anything started. I bought the canvas for my memory boards but I just can't make myself do them. I don't know what's going on with me.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM

I get like that. Been working around the house getting a sewing room ready. I want badly to practice on a treadle machine, but just can't seem to do anything until my house is cleaned up. Just closed our store so I have a little more time, but am trying really hard to get all the stuff done that I let go for 7 years while we had the store open. Out of state visitor this weekend, then next weekend is the church quilt show that I am not ready for. I'm about to say, "next year I'll be prepared", but I know me better than that. LOL