Have you felt like this.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I am still reading and looking at quilts but I seemto have lost interest in sewing on my machines. I am hand sewing instead and am enjoying that but not on my machines.
Why has none else had his before.
I am in that funk right now We moved over the summer from Maryland to Arizona and I was busy for two months sorting, pre-packing and then setting up our new home; getting ourselves settled, kids registered for school etc. The past 3 weeks things have slowed down and pretty much gotten back to normal for me. My sewing room is set up and ready to go! I have even taken a paper piecing class here at the local quilting shop two weeks ago to get me back into the mood. Nothing has helped. I am just not feeling it...I am wondering if I should just force myself to sit at a machine and finish some small things (I have several table runners cut out, ready to go) or just wait until the mood strikes me
Old 09-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Yep, sounds normal to me too When I fall into a sewing slump I pick up the books on my "waiting to read" pile. Something will appear on QB or in a magazine that will inspire you to get back to sewing. In the meantime enjoy what you are doing!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I am still reading and looking at quilts but I seemto have lost interest in sewing on my machines. I am hand sewing instead and am enjoying that but not on my machines.
Why has none else had his before.
You'll get back to it after a break. Oh, how I wish I could get interested in pulling out the quilt sandwich I have ready to hand stitch. I'm sorry I used the basting gun with all those little plastic tabs. Those don't work well on the machine for me. I had planned on handquilting this one so I could sit with DH while he watched football. That time is already here again. I'll have to work on my courage and get it started again.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 AM

All I have been doing for the last couple of months is reading books. Just cant get in a quilting mood.
All I need is a pattern that catches my eye and I will be off and running again.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 AM

I always like to have some handwork going, still like doing machine work too.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

I go with my feelings. If I don't want to sew I don't. I may want to bake, read, shop, or just sit and watch mindless tv. If I get where I don't have interest in doing much of anything then I know it's time to get over it. My way is to do volunteer work until I get over my doldrums.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 AM

I have been knitting all summer just didn't seem to be able to get at the machine to finish off a birthday quilt. Then last week I just "made" myself get back to sewing and that seems to have broken the spell so give it a go.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM

For me I go through spells of lots of machine work then lots of hand work. I don't think of it as being a problem unless I have a project that needs finishing by a deadline. Don't fret and enjoy what you do!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

I go through phases. Machine sew, crochet, hand sew, etc. always something in my hands
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 AM

I'm there now. I have two tops that need to be sandwiched & quilted. I'm working on a grandmother's flower garden with 1" hexies in between machine sewing. But - I've got a project in the planning stage and when it's just right, I'll start on 8 place mats for my daughter. I think I want each one to be like a mini quilt with a different block pattern and muted backing so she can still use them if she doesn't like the quilt side. Gotta go get fabric for the backing. I usually don't do muted anything.