Have you heard of this?

Old 06-22-2015, 03:32 AM

Can't resist telling you this one about our PO over here: When we used to send telegrams, I wrote one out to my Grandmother telling her that I was going to drive up to her place to take her to the doctor on a certain date. The clerk then said, "Do you want it delivered?" I was a little gobsmacked and asked him what else would they do with it. He told me they usually telephone it through...it cost extra to deliver it! Absolute madness - if she had a phone I would have called her myself. Still laugh about it.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bibliogirl View Post
My eye doctor charges $25.00 to write a prescription for glasses. I think it unfair to charge like this.
Good heavens! I personally would be looking for a new eye doctor!
Old 06-22-2015, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Let's see... you pay $1.35 for a receipt and then the clerk asks "do you want a receipt for that?" LOL
Too funny, your comment, QuiltingVagabond brought to mind the Abbott and Costello, "Who's on First" a never ending skit! Unfortunately for Misty's Mom she's replaying the Post Office skit in her mind when she needs to be focused on that new LA!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:43 AM

I feel sure that AZ Jane is right on about the receipts, and that the clerk used the wrong terminology. Our PO is closed on Saturdays which is inconvenient. If I place mail in my mailbox, it does not go out until the next day generally because the carrier does not get back to the PO in time for it to go out that day. If I get a package that's too large for my mailbox, I have to pick it up at the PO because I live .06 of a mile from the mailbox so they won't deliver to my house.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:45 AM

It seems like just recently the post office has made big changes. It takes more days in transit to mail anything. I think they've just given up on competing and figure we still need this service no matter what and just half heartedly get the job done. They have trouble getting people to even deliver our mail because it's only part-time......not what a job being a mailman used to be.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

My local PO is an ever changing fun house. I have learned to answer every Do you want__________ question with How much does that cost?