Have you used

Old 10-20-2015, 04:08 AM

Default Have you used

a teeth whitener and did it work? If so, what brand?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 AM

I've done it myself but next time I will get it done at my dentist. Have you called your dentist and gotten a price? Our dentist isn't unreasonable in price. I consider it unnecessary, but a "treat" to myself.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

If it contains bleach then don't use it because your teeth will look whiter but you will want to use it again and again and then the damage will be done. Teeth are very important so check with your dentist first.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 AM

My granddaughter did the over-the-counter whitening and now the dentist says that her teeth are very soft.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:02 AM

I used the whitening trays year ago. Since then my teeth are softer, and I've had more cavities. Something designed to help you can sure do more harm than good. Now I simply use a whitening toothpaste.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:07 AM

I did it about ten years ago by dentist and it worked. No softening of my teeth. As we age, our teeth look gray and I don't like it at all
Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 AM

I just talked to my dentist about whitening my teeth. The cost is pretty reasonable. The only drawback I can see is that you need to do the treatments monthly, and any plastic fillings will not bleach. I'm sure I have some plastic fillings, so I'm still thinking about it.
Sue
Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Friend of mine does not have the whitest teeth. She consulted her dentist about the whiteners and bleaches. He told her to leave her teeth alone. She's 56 with the strongest, straightest cavity free teeth. A little on the yellow side. He told her to lay off the coffee. That has helped. She has all 32 and that's saying something. Her teeth are off-white but all there. Iused whiteners and bleaches and now have an upper plate.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

I never have. Too scared to try it.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

I can understand wanting whiter nicer teeth. I think bad teeth robs a person of self confidence. I had many dental problems that were not getting better so opted for the upper and lower implant permanent (do not come out) dentures. It has been the best decision I've made for myself. I look better, feel better, and smile all the time. My health improved too.