Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have your blood pressure checked

Hi this is not about quilting but I think its worth while.If you have high blood pressure ask your doctor to check your kidney functions.A simple blood test.A new doctor did bloodwork and I found out I was in third stage kidney failure.I have never felt sick with this.I was in a state of shock! After renal scans at hospital they found a blocked renal artery.I had a stint put in last week.my kidney functions went up some and I went from 4 bp pills a day to one .My kidneys will never be compleatly better but now I wont have to go on dialysis.
    please get yor kidneys checked. Jean

Wow! that would be shocking to find out. Did you have any kidney pains?

I sometimes think my kidneys hurt, but I've never had them checked. I don't have high blood pressure or anything else.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Jean, as an RN I thank you for alerting others to this. I'm glad you got the stent to avoid further damage.
    Continued good health dear!! :D

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks for sharing and I'm so glad for you that the stent is working! My annual is coming up in April and I'm going to bite the bullet and have my bloodwork done, and my FIRST mammogram- thanks for the reminder how important it is to keep up on our health issues even if we "feel fine".

Blog Entries
    My late husband had a stint put in because of kidney stones, so he had a lot of pain. I am so glad they found your problems in time to prevent further damage.

Thanks for posting this!

I am glad youre okay!

Blog Entries
    Bless you, glad they found this before it was too late. There are many silent killers...which only underscores why we should go see our doctors for regular check-uos even when we feel "fine". Hope you have continued good health.