Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area? >

Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area?

Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM

I try to keep a path cleared per OSHA regs- Hard Hats and safety goggles are supplied upon request if some one wants to visit. :-) as for the rest of the house its clean -lived in, but clean
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Only friends that sews! 2 weeks ago, my DH brought a fellow worker with him home as he was passing through town to have dinner with me. He took that guy into my room to show off my creative skills. He came out shocked. He said "Too much stuff". I said "it is too much good stuff for them to see. He shouldn't have gone in!!! Ha! Ha!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:13 PM

I love to have people visit my quilting studio, makes me keep it clean and neat.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 PM

Sewing room yes. Stash room......not since my friend called me a hoarder when she peeked in there!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM

My sewing activities are a constantly rotating, moveable feast - lol! My machines share part of a spare room, my cutting table is in my kitchen-family room, and most of my stash has to be stored in the garage in containers. When I'm expecting company, I just throw a table cloth over the cutting table, and if they come into the sewing room, as I call it, well, they will just have to understand that creativity is in progress ha!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM

My work room always looks like "on going projects" are going, which they are.As long as my 2 sewing machines are cleaned off, I will bring in any one of my quilting buddies.

My work space was made from 1/3 of the garage when the house was built. I keep my fabric organized in the spare 3rd bedroom. This has shelf units with doors. The bed has the "done" quilts stacked on it. Top of the bed I use for sorting fabric.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 AM

My sewing room is a storage bldg converted with a bathroom and a small kitchen area guests are welcome, but most don't want to go outside and see anything. My husband is so proud of it he takes his buddies out to see it and to show off some of my projects. Sometimes it gets really messy, but I will clean after I get thru with a couple of projects.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 PM

I wish I could just keep it straighter, for myself...no matter how much I try, there is still always "stuff" on the floor and piled in the corner and etc.....but it is MY ROOM so no one else cares how good/bad it gets........I also have my roll top desk and my computer in here, but again - it is MY messy room!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 AM

My sewing area is one half of my family room, so when I entertain family & friends, they can see everything. Most of my supplies are in the closet and I have two quilt racks displaying the quilts that I've made, also quilts thrown over the sofas and hung on one of the walls, and runners on the tables, they're great conversation pieces and I enjoy sharing my work with everyone, especially my grand-daughters who I hope someday will want to follow in my footsteps. Right now they're contended with grandma making the quilts for them.