Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area?

Blog Entries
    I am not sure I would have anyone come in the studio. It is a mess.

Seems like I will get a chance pretty soon to see if I will as the area is shaping up.

My sewing room is in a spare bedroom and there is almost no room for me in there. Maybe some day.

mltquilt

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I don't really care about anyone seeing my sewing room messy but it's the rest of the house- hahaha
    The older I get though, the less I care :D

no guest in there, no room

They have to walk through my sewing area to get to the rest of the house.. I took over the dining room

It forces me to keep it neat though. And - I have to admit - most of my stash is not in there..

I clean the house so that there are not any fungus things growing that can make people sick or get me reported to the authorities. However, I am a quilter and I like to quilt while watching TV with my family so if people come over unexpectedly, expect a mess. When alone in the house, I do use my sewing room and that is also a work in progress.

My room is the smallest bedroom of 3. I have a chest of drawers, a 6 ft cutting table, the sewing cabinet, a small round table, a 4 ft wide shelf unit, a stacking 6 drawer unit, a five drawer roll about. the closet is totally shelving. to roll about office chairs, 3 of 5 sewing machines. The room hardly has room for me to go in there. LOL I am working on different floor plans for it though. I need to add storage under the cutting table. Either that or have a huge room added on to the back of the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by mltquilt
    My sewing room is in a spare bedroom and there is almost no room for me in there. Maybe some day.

mltquilt
    This is me, there is hardly room for me in there with everything else in there. My grandson comes in and sits on a stool from time to time but he is still on the small side so he doesn't take up much room.

Blog Entries
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    He speaks for me :)

My little nieces love to come in and play with the fabric. I still have lots of gorgeous beads from that period of jewelry making...all the girls love love to take home some pretty beads. When it gets to the point I want the door closed, I put things back in order. I love having company and sharing what I do. They are also welcomed to help straighten up..lol.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast