Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Having Sewing Withdraw!

Having Sewing Withdraw!

I live in the area that was hard-hit by terrible storms and wind last Friday. We've been without power since! I had several projects laid out all ready to go, and we ended up heading to cooler pastures. I brought some hand work and my Kindle, but I'm really missing my sewing time! Is anyone else still without power from Friday's storm?
    Sewing: Cheaper than therapy!

Power Poster
    What a bummer. We had a bad storm last night but glad we didn't lose power. Always a bummer when you have made plans and they don't follow through.

I think I would go crazy without power for that long. I would have to go somewhere other than home too. My daughter's inlaws have been without power in New Jersey since Friday so they are here in PA staying with them. They aren't expected to get power until Friday.
    Gloria 

Blog Entries
    we were without power most of a day a week or two ago... i think i missed my computer the most. yes, i couldn't sew, but i could cut fabric to prep, and plan, and other quilty stuff. i also had a binding to hand sew.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I can relate. I planned my whole day yesterday around having an afternoon in my quilting room. Well, storm came, power went, generator kicked in but started having problems, too. So, with fluctuations going back and forth no way was I turning on my precious sewing machine. Took some embroidery out on the porch and just did that!

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your situation. Friends of ours in VA just got their power back yesterday. Hopefully you will too!

We lost power Friday night during the storm and it came back on Tuesday. I was seriously thinking of putting the belt on my treadle so that I could still sew! But ended up working on bookwork that really needed to get done sometime. But I'm good to go again, and got quite a bit done on a small crib quilt that I'm working on. I hope your power comes back on soon! They were saying ours might be out till Saturday, so we are blessed.

Hope you get your power back soon.

I had power buy me ac went out Saturday. Finally got it fixed late Moonday. Our temp was 106 outside. I finally left the house and went to stores I knew had good ac
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

I meant "but my ac" not buy me ac--even thos I considered a window unit.
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast