Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
He said to pick out paint colors!! >

He said to pick out paint colors!!

He said to pick out paint colors!!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
We were in the paint store yesterday and my DH told me to pick out paint color for the living room and my sewing room! I about passed out! I have asked him forever to paint OUR house vs. odd "jobs" that he does on weekends. I asked-added the kitchen too.....I wonder if I can add....new flooring, new trim, new porch, replace the patio, etc? LOL!

The painting will tide me over for now. What color to choose, I ask myself!

sandy

Congrats!

I wouldn't load the man up on too many chores. He may get too tired to take you to dinner and a fabric shop !
Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 AM

We are planning on getting the outside repainted in about 3 or 4 yrs. New carpeting in on next years list.....the whole house!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:53 AM

I have most of my house painted Wild Honey. It is the nicest soft yellow I have seen.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Congrats!

I wouldn't load the man up on too many chores. He may get too tired to take you to dinner and a fabric shop !

well....dinner is a possibility...he wont go near a fabric shop which is fine by me! I manage better w/o "company".

in regard to colors....i am getting away from "colors". I want more neutrals. Not white but something with some tint to it. Our living room and foyer is a light buttery yellow...his fav..I am tired of it. The kitchen was painted a dark "amaretto..yep, tired of that..want bright, light and airy. It is a dark kitchen with one window. I want one color for these room which flow into each other. Sigh.

The sewing room? Hmmmmm....thinking my fav color..a light green of some sort. Light sage'ish? I want to brighten up the space so I don't want too much " color" there either.

Yes, choosing paint colors is not fun. They change color depending if it is day or night.

sandy
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM

How exciting!! my sewing room is painted light aqua. My favorite color. It's also in my kitchen, dining room and one bathroom.

dh wants to panel our living room. yuck. I have to give him SOME decisions though.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 AM

We painted our daughter's room Baby Bee Yellow ( a Behr color- available at Home Depot) when she moved out of the nursery 10 years ago. When it was time to repaint 6 years later- small children can be hard on paint, we chose the same color. I LOVE Behr paint. Almost never need a 2nd coat. The paint is the consistency of fresh cream.. Thick and wonderful.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kris P View Post
We painted our daughter's room Baby Bee Yellow ( a Behr color- available at Home Depot) when she moved out of the nursery 10 years ago. When it was time to repaint 6 years later- small children can be hard on paint, we chose the same color. I LOVE Behr paint. Almost never need a 2nd coat. The paint is the consistency of fresh cream.. Thick and wonderful.
When we were painting rooms last fall we used both Behr Premium Plus and Sherwin Williams Emerald. The SW Emerald was a little higher than the Behr AFTER a 40% discount. DH said he couldn't really tell the difference between the two. The Emerald is low VOC so for that reason alone it might be worth it, if you try to avoid the harmful chemicals and such. It didn't stink as much as the Behr. But for coverage, they seemed about the same.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:06 PM

We decided to replace the kitchen floor with hard wood. Well you paint first. Then while doing that you might as well paint the pantry walls. Then he decided to replace the shelves with wood. All my kitchen things are in the living room for how. I know it will be wonderful when done.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 AM

My DH loves Sherwin Williams over any brand. He does a lot of odd jobs painting for others.

Sandy
Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 PM

Lucky you ! My room is a lighter sage green! I love it ! I think you would be happy with it,too! Our foyer, living room,and hall are also a nice shade of a yellow..(hard to explain) but I am happy with it..and our kitchen will be a green also.. not sure which one,yet.. so good luck with your choices! keep us posted !