Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
He said to pick out paint colors!! >

He said to pick out paint colors!!

He said to pick out paint colors!!

Old 03-22-2014, 03:34 AM

Default He said to pick out paint colors!!

We were in the paint store yesterday and my DH told me to pick out paint color for the living room and my sewing room! I about passed out! I have asked him forever to paint OUR house vs. odd "jobs" that he does on weekends. I asked-added the kitchen too.....I wonder if I can add....new flooring, new trim, new porch, replace the patio, etc? LOL!

The painting will tide me over for now. What color to choose, I ask myself!

sandy
Old 03-22-2014, 03:50 AM

New paint on the walls is always great! Gives a nice facelift to the room. Be sure to stay super excited and optimistic throughout the painting, and based on that, your hubby might just want to start the next project.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 AM

How exciting!! I love painting the walls rather then white or egg shell color. Have fun choosing. Choosing paint colors is the hardest thing for me when decorating! But it doesn't stop me!!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 AM

I have found that you can add add add to the list but the list doesn't get any shorter. Ours is so long I doubt we'll live long enough to get it done. DH isn't big on projects around the house. We paid someone to paint the downstairs two years ago or I'd still be looking at the contractor paint. Granted we have 20 ft ceilings in the great room so I kinda understood that one.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:42 AM

My sewing room is yellow - my favorite color and I love it.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:51 AM

Our den has needed painting for years. I had a certain shade of forest green in my head but countless paint chips weren't exactly what I wanted. Earlier this week I found some clothes I'd put away for the Salvation Army and there was an old polo shirt of my husband's that was what I've been searching for. I'm taking it with me when I buy the paint! Good luck with your paint job, enjoy the new look.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:45 AM

Lucky you! We still have builders white. It's been 13 years. We have lots hanging on the walls, so it's ok.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:42 AM

How wonderful - I love when my rooms have just been painted, everything seems so fresh! I used to do all of my own painting but now find I have to have some help. It is still worth the effort!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM

I feel your pain! We also have the original builders off white in our 8 yr old home, I like light airy colors, no darks, they impact my mood. I'm supposed to be picking out paint colors too and the choices are so numerous, my painter gave me a big thick thing with lots and lots and lots (you get the idea) of paint chip strips. No purple, blues, pinks, oranges for me ... trying to find a nice subtle green, maybe sage for some rooms and a soft buttery yellow for my sewing room and bedrooms... it is so hard.

let us know what you decide, I might copy you!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

After we had our front porch painted, DH helped the painter and then bought a paint sprayer just like the one that was used. He painted our living room, dining room, kitchen, and laundry room in less then two days. We kept the same color moldings and trim. He doesn't mind repainting at all but will not move furniture in and out. I pay the teen neighbor boys to do that. The sprayer is easy to use, I use it to repaint yard furniture and such.