Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Heads Up on your paypal account

Last night while I was posting my fabric I got a an email from PayPal that someone tried to with draw money from my account. I am so glad that PayPal is on the ball.

Blog Entries
    That actually happened to me...someone charged something that was over $400 a month on an ongoing basis. Paypal not only caught it, but got my money back! As far as I'm concerned, Paypal is the only way to go!

Be sure those emails are from paypal. To check go to paypal from your own typed url and check. Than proceed.

Edit: I check my pp account on a regular basis whether I use it or not. Due diligence helps keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Be sure those emails are from paypal. To check go to paypal from your own typed url and check. Than proceed.
    Ditto. I had a spam one with the link asking for paypal account, password and other private information....... Paypal already know that stuff so why do they ask for it? It went into the trash and my account was just fine---I used my own fingers to get me to the link instead of theirs.

I checked with pay pal this morning and yes it was hit. I changed all my passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    I checked with pay pal this morning and yes it was hit. I changed all my passwords.
    I'm sorry if I was misunderstood. I just meant that to remind others that not all pp emails are from pp. I'm glad that they were so quick to help you. They are terrific and are the only way to pay on the net!! Have a great Holiday!

Thanks!!

You might also want to check your computer for a keystroke logger, they got your password somehow.

I did a full scan for viruses this morning and yes I had one of those keystroke loggers and my security got it right away.