Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with curtains

Blog Entries
    How about using my solution to lace curtains that were not wide enough? I took some upholstery fabric that I washed first, and made outer side panels to hang on either side. It gives you a faux-look of lace under drapes. I like
    the look so much that when I purchased sheers for my bedroom, I bought six panels of eggshell color for the center and a dark blue for each end. The whole thing hangs from just one rod. (If you carefully unstitch the edge if the white color you already have, you can connect them pretty easy. I decided not to attach mine.)
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results are your fault. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I was thinking a vertical strip on the inside edge of each panel. I h ave a friend that did this to her drapes and it looks very nice.

Blog Entries
    Think I am going to take the curtains apart, dye them navy blue then figure out where to put the floral. Like the ideal of putting a strip on it.
    My Gummy Bear Died
    My Unicorn Ran Away
    My Imaginary Friend Got Kidnapped
    The Voices In My Head Won't Talk To Me
    Oh No! I'm Going Sane!

I would make valances - simple with rod pockets - and matching tie backs. I probably would add some matching blue trim about two inches or so from the bottom of the valances for embellishment. Anyway...have fun.

How about a valance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2