Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! I need ideas to.....

Blog Entries
    keep my daughter's MIL away from the house tomorrow. My son-in-law's mother lives with them in a separate apartment they built over the garage; beautiful & 1100 sq.ft. I might add. Anyway my son-in-law just called me and asked me to keep his mother busy and away from the house as they are having her Christmas present delivered. She and I are great friends, and enjoy being together and all, but I cook, she goes to the deli. I am going to be preparing food for Christmas brunch here. They only live 8 minutes from me so it is very easy for her to go back home whenever she wants. So how do I keep her at my house? Maybe if I get her busy setting up the basement. But all day? Help!!!

I would tell her you just need help and since you enjoy her company = you chose her?

Blog Entries
    Can they bring her over to you, to "help" you for the day? If she doesn't have a car, she can't leave :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Is she into crafts?? If so homemade last min. table decorations might just keep her hands busy and at your house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky
    Is she into crafts?? If so homemade last min. table decorations might just keep her hands busy and at your house.
    No crafts. She reads. I think I am just going to call her and invite her to go to breakfast with me and then be honest and say, "Bear with me....you need to come spend the day with me" and leave it at that. She can help me pick up lint off the floor. Believe me, that is what she does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky
    No crafts. She reads. I think I am just going to call her and invite her to go to breakfast with me and then be honest and say, "Bear with me....you need to come spend the day with me" and leave it at that. She can help me pick up lint off the floor. Believe me, that is what she does.
    LOL that sounds like my husband.. the picking lint off the floor part .. that is. rotfl

If she doesn't want to stay...just tell her it's Christmas, the kids don't want you home right now. Say it with a smile and I think she will catch on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    If she doesn't want to stay...just tell her it's Christmas, the kids don't want you home right now. Say it with a smile and I think she will catch on.
    Well, I talked to her and said, "Bear with me, I have been given my marching orders." She just laughed and said they are probably having a party and she's not invited. Sounds to me like they are getting her her own washer and dryer, so she doesn't have to go into the main house to do her laundry.

One definitely shouldn't ask too many questions this time of year!! Or at least that's what I used to tell my children at Christmas time!

Well, now she knows tha she can just hang out with you and you won't have too much trouble making her stay put. Just hand her a lint brush!

quote=grann of 6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Well, I talked to her and said, "Bear with me, I have been given my marching orders." She just laughed and said they are probably having a party and she's not invited. Sounds to me like they are getting her her own washer and dryer, so she doesn't have to go into the main house to do her laundry.[/quote]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast