Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!! I'm being Attacked!

Help!! I'm being Attacked!

By Nats! the little bugs are all over the house. I found a Apple that was over ripe and its gone now but the Bugs won't leave! I remember someone giving a 'Hint' something with Vinegar & something else. But I just can remember it! Please can anybody help me! Thank you so much!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

I just bought a thing from the hardware store that is supposed to get rid of them, it looks like an apple. I'd love to hear about the vinegar way, that would be a lot less expensive.

I put apple cider vinegar in a cup and set it on the kitchen counter, or wherever they are, and they go into it and drown. Works for me, hope it works for you.

That's what I do. Put it in a cup and they'll drown. I also put baking soda and vinegar down the disposal when I've had the little buggers in my house. Sometimes they'll go there and it's hard to get rid of them. Let the mixture bubble and after a bit run hot water down the drain. This is good to clean it out on a regular basis. I use white for this!
    Debra

Blog Entries
    They love drains also..we put bleach in all the house drains. Seemed to help.my husband owns a store..they come with empty pop cans and bottles. He uses lots of bleach everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
    I put apple cider vinegar in a cup and set it on the kitchen counter, or wherever they are, and they go into it and drown. Works for me, hope it works for you.
    Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I was trying to eat a sandwitch with turkey/cranberrie sause and they tried to get in my mouth!!LOL
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

My DDIL had them really bad and found a bag of rotten potatoes that she had put in the cupboard and forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
    That's what I do. Put it in a cup and they'll drown. I also put baking soda and vinegar down the disposal when I've had the little buggers in my house. Sometimes they'll go there and it's hard to get rid of them. Let the mixture bubble and after a bit run hot water down the drain. This is good to clean it out on a regular basis. I use white for this!
    And the drains smell fresh!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I use a small bowl of apple cider vinegar, too. The secret is to put in a drop or two of liquid dish soap- it breaks the surface tension and when the bugs land to drink, they sink and drown. (I'm a retired science teacher.)

I put a piece of banana in a bowl and covered it with plastic wrap taped around the edges. Then poke a few holes in the wrap. The nats go in and can't get out. This worked great. I tried the vinegar and it didn't. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast