Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help!  I'm overrun with daily chores! >

Help! I'm overrun with daily chores!

Help! I'm overrun with daily chores!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 PM

Yup - it is working for me too. I like having things a bit picked up. My house is much easier to clean now that I've been through each room twice. I find that I can go into a room and concentrate on one shelf or under the bed or in the closet and still find things to get rid of!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:07 AM

I tried following flylady for a while. While I don't do it religiously anymore, I think many of her ideas have stuck with me. When I'm feeling overwhelmed by clutter, I start by cleaning and shining my kitchen sink and clearing the counters around it. My DH comes home from work and an knows that something is up. The cleaning frenzy will go on for about a week or so, until everything is tidied up. We don't wear shoes in the house, but it does help to get dressed do my hair and makeup. I hate living with CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Also hate answering the door in my loungewear and no makeup.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM

My daughter did the flylady thing but all you need to do is make yourself a list of which things you want to do each day of the week or each week, or month or season. Keep that list posted someplace where you see it daily.
I clean for others and I don't mind that at all. The worst thing is 'picking up' and I have to do that for myself when I clean my home. ha
Here again I use for cleaning, soda, vinegar, Miracle II products. an old toothbrush is a handy tool when cleaning, also I sue another item when cleaning windows (not sure what to call it - used to clean out a baby's nose when they can't blow their nose - a suckion thing. I fill it with water and then flush in the corners of windows or corners of things)
Another thing for stains is "grandmas secret spot remover'. can get it at Hobby Lobby when they cut your material for you.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by linda faye View Post
Fly Lady Lite is the one to subscribe to. You receive only one email per day .....
Didn't know about Fly Lady Lite... Maybe I will give it another try.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:06 PM

This sounds like a great concept. I'm going to check it out!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

I was like you at one time. Could not do anything until everything was in its proper place and perfect. All the time I was cleaning I was mad at self because I really wanted to be sewing. Now I get up sew and clean when I take sewing breaks. Works much better.
I do spend one day a week really deep cleaning then the rest of week is mostly picking up after self.